• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Daily training regimen

Phalanx

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It depends on how tired I am. Often I do cardio or gym. Lately I've done a DVD workout like P90X or something else.

I should do more stretching and more technical drills on various techniques, but I end up watching lessons from DVD or Youtube :-)

I go through Kihon and kata as well. as XO said "I should do more stretching and more technical drills on various techniques, but I end up watching lessons from DVD or Youtube"

It depends on how tired I am. Often I do cardio or gym. Lately I've done a DVD workout like P90X or something else.

I should do more stretching and more technical drills on various techniques, but I end up watching lessons from DVD or Youtube :-)

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

I try to do kihon but this style is still new to me so I can still only remember half of Naihanchi and only seem to pick up one to two more movements after each class.

There never seems to be enough time in each training session.

Also, Youtube is definitely good and bad. What I wouldn't have given to have had access to it when my interest began as an 8 year old....

Thanks for the responses!

I practice kata, or bits and pieces of kata, and I go through bunkai in my head. I also like to do research--reading books and articles on martial arts, watching videos of kata, bunkai, drills, and history, and discussing techniques, concepts, and methods with other martial artists through forums and Facebook.

Phalanx - Welcome to Shorin-Ryu! The good thing about remembering half of Naihanchi is that it means you remember all of Naihanchi, because the sequence repeats going the other way once you get half way through the kata :)

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Lately 10 situps and pressups between each kata sanchin ,kihon to seiyunchin.

Less than 20 min but a good work out!

Was hitting the maki every day but the snow is a pain!

Be like water !

At the moment I'm trying to get back to fitness following an injury and back into the dojo after many years away so I am gradually building up my kata and kihon practice. I go through each kata I know three times and five times through the one I am currently focussing upon. I also go through a few basic techniques in warmup gently and later on at full speed. Ippons, Ohyus and Kihons (from the Wado syllabus) are done at random using visualisation and going through both roles in turn. It is about 30-40 minutes if I don't mess about and I sometimes split the session into 20 minutes kata in the morning and 20 minutes other stuff later on. I also hit the gym for weights twice a week and Yoga on a saturday when I can book a place in the class (VERY oversubscribed).

Unfortunately I practice outside so all this white stuff is making it a bit dangerous.