• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once attacked by a drunken group of girls who claimed I was lying after, when they asked me for a cigarette, I told them I don't have any, since I don't smoke. A beefy one balled up a fist and started trying to whack me. So I ran, since I'm quick. Just avoided the confrontation altogether. But if I had no choice, I would absolutely defend myself against a woman, even if this meant hitting her.

• 2 weeks later...

If it really comes down to self-defense, like the my life is in danger kind of self-defense, then it is important that the only thing we see in front of us is an enemy, regardless of the gender. You start being concerned for the fact that the person trying to kill you is a woman, then you start messing with the reactions you have trained yourself to do.

The only way I would hit a woman, was if she was attacking me with something deadly, like a knife. That's about it.

Just out of curiosity, what's your height and weight JGarner890?

5'5", 165LBS. Why? lol

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

Well, first off, I said that the only way I would hit a woman, was if she has a weapon; knife, frying pan. That is really all I said, so I'm confused on how you get a man smaller than me mixed into that.

But since you're asking me if a 5'8", 275LB woman and a man smaller than me attacked me with a weapon (bc that's what I was stating in my original post), then no, I wouldn't treat it any differently.

If they were unarmed, then clearly I would treat them differently (as I said in my original post). The fat woman has no weapon, I would not hit her while she throws whatever at me. The smaller man has no weapon, I would defend myself properly.

That's my moral. I do not hit a woman, unless it threatens my life. Kinda like here in Afghanistan, I don't shoot unless my life or one of my brother's lives are being threatened. Too easy. l Hope that answers your question.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

If it really comes down to self-defense, like the my life is in danger kind of self-defense, then it is important that the only thing we see in front of us is an enemy, regardless of the gender. You start being concerned for the fact that the person trying to kill you is a woman, then you start messing with the reactions you have trained yourself to do.
+1

IMHO the response needs to be proportional to the threat, regardless of the gender, size, etc. of your opponent.