• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do black belt's have on there belts?

SolidAir

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Century label I think...no kanji. No dress belt/work out belt. Just the same one my instructor handed me back in 97. I keep thinking about one with dojo kanji on it, but still not sure if I want to do that just yet.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Most of the black belts in my system have their name on one side and the name of the system on the other side.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Rank identifiers on my left. I know, boring! The right side has changed twice thru the many decades, but that side's blank for now.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

The belt I never wear has name and style like everyone else. The belt I actually wear in the dojo has just a small wado-ryu dove and fist emblem in gold at each end. It was a present and I wish I knew where to get them from because I like it way more than my katakana/kanji-embroidered belt.

I was going to say sweat and dirt but got beat to it.... :)

Mine is blank, not even a label as I had to shorten it slightly and chopped the label off. Nothing fancy just like our Gi.

We are going to get club named belts for all the instructors soon so will have a spare. I'm more interested in what the belt is wrapped around and how I train.

My Black belt hasn't been worn for years, I earned it two styles ago. But it has my Name and "Shorin Ryu Karatedo" in Kanji.

Look to the far mountain and see all.