• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Competition today

Nabil Kazama

Had my 2nd Karate tournament today. We did Single Kata, Group Kata and Sparring.

I was awarded a trophy as I got 3rd place in singular Kata, I was practicing Heian Yondan A LOT recently. We all met up at a student's house and followed my Sensei as he drove, I took 3 other guys with me. All in all a brilliant day we had today.

I never expected to do so well. My advice to anyone doing any tournament kata is to practice the hell out of it, what you can do which I do personally is train privately with my Sensei see if your Sensei does too.

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats on your tourney success!!

Pretty soon, with your training and all, you'll get that Grand Championship trophy.

Way to go!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Had my 2nd Karate tournament today. We did Single Kata, Group Kata and Sparring.

I was awarded a trophy as I got 3rd place in singular Kata, I was practicing Heian Yondan A LOT recently. We all met up at a student's house and followed my Sensei as he drove, I took 3 other guys with me. All in all a brilliant day we had today.

I never expected to do so well. My advice to anyone doing any tournament kata is to practice the hell out of it, what you can do which I do personally is train privately with my Sensei see if your Sensei does too.

Good lass, well done.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

Congratulations! Tournaments can be pretty stressful, so it's always more fun when you come out with an award for all your hard work :)

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Cheers dudes. I know some people have nerves, my advice is don't worry! Bow to the Sensei in front, announce your kata and do your best, it doesn't matter if you make a mistake, just carry on don't waste time going back and correcting yourself.

Enjoy yourself. The thing is to blank absolutely EVERYTHING out it is YOUR kata and YOUR time.

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!