• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi,

Try to practice doing the splits or a butterfly stretch - grab onto your ankles and pull the bottoms of your feet together and pull them in as much as is comfortable and then bend your upper half over. Also, if your knees are a bit sensitive as mine are - you can try doing the splits while on your knees - someone told me that it's alot less stress for your knees...works well for me.

Lori :wave:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

Try turning your hips over instead.. you'll get more power and you'll develop a greater range of motion to kick higher.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Hi Sanda...

...can't tell by name if you'e female or not.

:???:

We females have a much stronger quadriceps (upper leg muscles) and weaker hamstrings than men do. So, if you need to work those quadriceps...try squats (plie/or sissy squats), even hydrants are a good work out 'specially for the hips to develop that power that Ken spoke of. Go down on all 4's bring leg up at 90 deg. and slowly bring as far up as you can and bring down to ground but don't touch! Imagine a concrete block lying on top of that leg and really work the muscle. Also try bringing that knee of your leg right up to the shoulder (right knee to right shoulder) and flex foot back as if doing a side kick...then bring leg out to side pull toes back and do a roundhouse (tension) works the hip and thigh also!

I do these among other things in my Cardio Karate workout class.

Deby :karate:

On 2001-08-14 21:21, JadeTiger wrote:

[:edited:please refrain from comments of this sort]

A: We know who you are, MT...

B: I think it's time you leave.

C: If you have a problem with that, why don't you contact me and leave this crap off the board.

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :smile:

This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on Aug 14, 2001 9:40pm

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

Thanks guys

yeah i do Sanda kickboxing it's chinese

the problem is that the hip i find hard like on a side kick i find it hard to put the hip into the kick and i overturn

(karate style)

the heights there but it's not fast enuff

lol

i need to fire the kick out much quicker and less over turning like karate! :kaioken: