• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Going for Yellow

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys. Took probably about 3/4 of the test tonight and we ran out of time, so I'll be finishing next week. I aced the written test-- 100%. So far I'm doing pretty good on the techniques. The score is out of four for each and I think I've got a couple of 4s with a good number of 2s and 3s. He's been having me do more than the required techniques, so if I botch something, the extra points will make up for it. So I'm feeling good about it.

It's funny, but in the past two weeks preparing for the test and now taking it, I feel ready for my yellow belt whereas I didn't in the original post. I guess it was a matter of seeing just how much I know. Nothing perfect, but I'm starting to feel like I have a good foundation to start working on the basics, which is basically what yellow belt means.

Until next week....

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, I passed my test. So I'm officially going to 6th kyu for Judo. Not quite sure how the whole promotion thing works since I know the instructor has to mail everything to the USJA and they have to issue the promotion certificate stuff, so I don't know how long it'll be until it's "official" (I've never been part of an association before. Every class I've taken, the instructor hands you a belt immediately and you're your new rank...).

But I passed!

• 1 month later...