• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Moral Obligation?

Do you have a moral obligation to call for an ambulance in the case where you seriously injure someone in a street fight? Or do you consider it to be their 'bad luck' as they shouldn't have attacked you in the first place? Before you answer take into consideration that your life was seriously threatened by this person.

I've recently been debating this topic and am interested in your thoughts.

Kind Regards,

Jason Stanley

https://www.karatetools.com

---------------------------------------------------

Manage your dojo from anywhere 24/7!

---------------------------------------------------

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
No doubt in my mind that I would call an Amublence. Even if some dude threatened my life I would not want to see someone suffer on the street when they could be helped.... and you can't sue them when their dead :D

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I think it is the honorable thing to do. But even if you didn't, look at it this way. What would a Civil Court say?

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

Ok, If you mean by "seriously threatened", I would take that to mean bodily injury which may result in me being DRT(dead right there). In return I defend myself, and in the process I injure the attacker then I would want the cops called first and then the medics, if I even have the forthought to be thinking about the attacker's well being.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Tuff Call

I really don't think I would. That may not be the right thing to do. I do think I would call the cops. The cops would then have access to the medical support if needed. I really can't see anything worse than a busted nose or broken arm happening in most street fights. In that case no way do I call because the way people are today the mugger would try and take you to court because he attacked you and got beat up. LOL.... I don't geuss thats really funny.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."