• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Karate style(s) do you train ?

shanny_kimura

Wado!

Under higashi karate kai

Ahh Mr Spantons group. Solid Karate

Do you know John fro the Luton dojo (sorry I cant remember his surname he'll be about 5th dan by now I think).

K

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matsubayashi-Ryu (Shorin-Ryu) (infused with Onaga no Ti)

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I do Shin Ai Do karate around 20 years under Sensei A. Marchewka (Poland ) and Wrestling under M. Niemiec (Poland)

At the moment I am teaching Shin Ai Do in United Kingdom.

(Do not worry if you never heard of it, very small independent organisation associated with Idokan International)

Shin ai do - the way of true adaptability,

My blog http://shinaido.wordpress.com/

https://www.shinaidokarate.com

fb - Shinaidomartialarts

Shorin Ryu Karate (Kobayashi, Shidokan lineage under the late Katsuya Miyahira)

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

All the styles I have the opportunity to steal from :lol:

Currentely:

Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan)

Wado-Ryu (Kazoku Kai)

RyuKyu Kobujutsu (RKAGB)

I do some cross training in MMA grappling but that is just because Karate lessons do not often cover that kind of training in depth, and grappling ability is more about experience than rote recall. I also study Kyushojutsu using the material from Evan Pentazi, but mostly in an experimental way. If I find I can employ one of the suggested targets against a resisting partner during a partner drill, I keep it, practice its use, and suggest it to my students. If not, I do not.

R. Keith Williams

• 2 months later...

OSU!

I grew up in the GoJu Kai, and this is the style where I hold my black belt and the only style that I feel competent enough to actually teach. I did one pretty intense year of Kyokushin, but I had to quit the dojo due to several changes in my private life which I really regretted, but I can happily say that this has altered my view on Karate significantly. Currently, I am active in IOGKF GoJu Ryu, and I'm happy with that. However, I cross-train a lot, and I actively work out with boxers and kickboxers, and I feel that all these different views on MA in general are beneficial for me.

So if you'd ask me today what I'm doing: It's just Karate. It looks somehow GoJu'ish, but regardless where I go and where I train I always seem to be the guy who looks somehow different... :D

That's why my profile says "Hands and feet" - I don't care about styles anymore. I just take in what is useful and discard what doesn't work for me. I'm independent, and I'm pretty happy with that.

OSU!

Just Karate

Matsubayashi Ryu, it's a branch of Shorin Ryu created by Shoshin Nagamine.

"Karate doesnt teach me to fight, it teaches me to solve my problems. Physically, mentally, and spiritually."