• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

first competition

steviewaddy82

The biggest thing, especially if it's your first time competing, is to relax and have fun. Biggest and best thing you can do for a positive experience. Don't over pressure yourself. Just go and check the box.

Enjoy the train up as well. Work hard, enjoy some extra gym time (and I strongly advise you start cutting your teeth on a training camp of sorts leading up to it), again, don't over pressure yourself. There's plenty of time for that once you've got the initial butterflies out of the way and decide that competition is for you.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Cutting my teeth?

Sorry. Just an expression. Just get used to doing it for the first time. Training camps are highly useful running up to tournaments. I've had great ones, bad ones, and a large number of mediocre ones. They demand time, focus, and physicality on top of your standard training. Throw in a diet and you've got a serious event on your hands.

However, being the first time you've done it. Work into it slow. Get a feel for it. Struggle with some little issues of increased training. Or add a conditioning routine, ect. Just a couple of little additional stressors. If this goes well, you'll have a better idea of how much more you can handle next time, ect. It's a building process. Work at it slow.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic