• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tang Soo Do - I need to improve in sparring.

Thanks for the responses. The red belt is tehe last GUP belt. Then it's a blue belt (pretest) , then black. I do not think we are sparring though since it is so close to the belt test. I will keep these things in mind at the grading.

Tang Soo Do - Red Belt (2nd GUP)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm late on this, but hopefully not too late.

All these back kicks/roundhouses/jumping/flashy kicks are no good for point sparring. They take too long to execute and are super easy to counter.

If you're doing point, your focus should be on speed and accuracy. Front kicks, punches. Don't do anything fancy. Just get your strike in there for the point.

Hope that helps!

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

Thanks. My grading tomorrow is doing point sparring. I see my opponents doing a lot of front kicks. I think it is because I sometimes accidently put my guard down when I kick? I'll do the front kicks and punches.

It was good. I passed my grading and I recieved my green belt today. The next few weeks, we are sparring every class. Hopefully I'll improve in that time :)

It was good. I passed my grading and I recieved my green belt today. The next few weeks, we are sparring every class. Hopefully I'll improve in that time :)

Congrats on earning your Green Belt. Feels good huh?

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!