• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My first lesson...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Moobrack, sounds like me. I am 6 foot 5 give or take a little, an odd two meter. That doesn't just fall to the floor gracefully, but I am learning it now :).

I am training in Maastricht, in the Netherlands, at dojo Zenden.

If you know anything about soccer, then you might know Boudewijn Zenden. Dutch international, plays somewhere in England if I am not mistaken. It is the dojo from his dad.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Hello Seth,

Ihave heard of the name - isnt it a small world come to think of it - it aint easy being tall - especially tall and just starting ju jitsu - but let me tell you one thing - tall people have wide hips sometimes - easier for throws!

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

lol - Being tall has its advantages in sparring and randori - you can use atemi to hold people off with jabs - and also in sparring for other martial arts you can use your kicks to your advantage!

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

Congrats on your Jiu-Jitsu training, I dont think taht you have answered what type you do... Brazilian or Japanese...because the spelling you give is some indicator....

and for your reference... KYU mean grade level...not lower!

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

O, that was a very easy one. I train traditional Jiu Jitsu. I could have told you right away if I was training traditional or BJJ, I just thought that traditional Jiu Jitsu had different sub-styles.

I just see BJJ as a different art :).

I am still not quite clear on the Kyu part. I am a white belt, does that mean I am a 6th Kyu or something? And then when I get a yellow belt I become a 5th Kyu?

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.