• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What game are you currently playing?

PrincessBanana

our group has a hard enough time as it is to have a handful of sessions a year because we're all adults now, with families, responsibilities, etc...
I do my games on voice chat because people have moved, including me; I don't attempt to find a time that everyone can show up, I just give a predictable time and whoever can make it gets to play. This has been hard to explain to some though I think.

Predictability in schedule is very important for making things possible for busy people. I can't just spontaneously discover a few hours a week out at some specific random time, but I can reserve a six hour block every Sunday and often get it. I've had people suggest that it would be easier to show up every two weeks, but it was suggested by the people who can't seem to be bothered to show up every two weeks either so I take it with a grain of salt.

we never "upgraded"....
We all moved, and books get lost. PF leaves all their material up for free on a website, and it's open source. I would have done 3.5 if not for that. I'm simply not at a point in my life where the idea of prowling through used bookstores for dusty and rare out of print tomes that i'll end up having to loan out to players appeals to me; PF is supported and easy to acquire.

I don't object to 4, but it's closed and requires a bunch of books and doesn't play like I like. I haven't been tracking 5, but I expect it to be closed source and set up around selling books, which ironically means I probably won't be buying them, and why people still make stuff for 3.5. So it was really a logistical reason.

Videogame wise, my current playlist as of late is Torchlight II, NWN2; i'd be playing NWN1 if it didn't crash on me in spite of using compatibility mode. Played a bit of Bastion recently. Also, booted up DosBox to poke around at Dungeon Master again. And awhile back, prodded at the revived Earth and Beyond that they've gotten up and running, in the MMO area.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody here plays Diablo 3? That game has SERIOUSLY ate up a metric "boatload" of my time.

So simple...so addictive.

Though I have sworn off it for the 8th time due to a hardcore character death. (hardcore in Diablo = one life period...go as far as you can...the end)

I'm back in the clutches of Civilisation IV, another few hours of my life gone to the Syd Myer Demon!!

Civ is a nightmare! "Just one more turn...." :lol:

Currently playing Civ V at the minute.

I have a whole stack of things I bought this in the Steam summer sale that I haven't got round to play. But who can say no to 75% off!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

our group has a hard enough time as it is to have a handful of sessions a year because we're all adults now, with families, responsibilities, etc...
I do my games on voice chat because people have moved, including me; I don't attempt to find a time that everyone can show up, I just give a predictable time and whoever can make it gets to play. This has been hard to explain to some though I think.

Predictability in schedule is very important for making things possible for busy people. I can't just spontaneously discover a few hours a week out at some specific random time, but I can reserve a six hour block every Sunday and often get it. I've had people suggest that it would be easier to show up every two weeks, but it was suggested by the people who can't seem to be bothered to show up every two weeks either so I take it with a grain of salt.

we never "upgraded"....
We all moved, and books get lost. PF leaves all their material up for free on a website, and it's open source. I would have done 3.5 if not for that. I'm simply not at a point in my life where the idea of prowling through used bookstores for dusty and rare out of print tomes that i'll end up having to loan out to players appeals to me; PF is supported and easy to acquire.

I don't object to 4, but it's closed and requires a bunch of books and doesn't play like I like. I haven't been tracking 5, but I expect it to be closed source and set up around selling books, which ironically means I probably won't be buying them, and why people still make stuff for 3.5. So it was really a logistical reason.

Videogame wise, my current playlist as of late is Torchlight II, NWN2; i'd be playing NWN1 if it didn't crash on me in spite of using compatibility mode. Played a bit of Bastion recently. Also, booted up DosBox to poke around at Dungeon Master again. And awhile back, prodded at the revived Earth and Beyond that they've gotten up and running, in the MMO area.

Your reasoning is totally sound... Probably the only reason we're still able to play 1st / 2nd Ed is because a) we painstakingly kept track of all our books, supplies, etc (kept in safes, waterproof storage totes, etc), and b) we constantly troll Internet sites like Amazon, Craigslist, etc or hobby and gaming shops for 1st / 2nd Ed materials. Whenever one of us spots a hit, we notify everyone in our group and converge on said location...lol Buy buy buy...lol

Gaming via video chat is a great idea... will have to try it sometime. Maybe it'll enable us to play more often, as you said you're able to play often enough on Sundays...

Alas, Neverwinter Nights is another series I missed, unfortunately. I will have to acquire... But, Baldur's Gate is one of the classics and one of my favs...

:uhoh: (For some reason, I keep hearing Nelson Muntz in the distance, "HA Ha...NERD!") :lol:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

we never "upgraded"....

Your reasoning is totally sound... Probably the only reason we're still able to play 1st / 2nd Ed is because a) we painstakingly kept track of all our books, supplies, etc (kept in safes, waterproof storage totes, etc), and b) we constantly troll Internet sites like Amazon, Craigslist, etc or hobby and gaming shops for 1st / 2nd Ed materials. Whenever one of us spots a hit, we notify everyone in our group and converge on said location...lol Buy buy buy...lol

Gaming via video chat is a great idea... will have to try it sometime. Maybe it'll enable us to play more often, as you said you're able to play often enough on Sundays...

Alas, Neverwinter Nights is another series I missed, unfortunately. I will have to acquire... But, Baldur's Gate is one of the classics and one of my favs...

:uhoh: (For some reason, I keep hearing Nelson Muntz in the distance, "HA Ha...NERD!") :lol:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...