Testing for my green belt 6th GUP

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the grading. The grandmaster couldn't make it because of a seminar in Chicago. I arrived about an hour before the test. While I was waiting, my friend who is a black belt was watching me play my video game on my 3DS XL. Then the other sabomnim told the orange belts with a stripe to line up so I did. First, we had to do basics like punching in front stance, several blocks, and some kicks. Then we all did our forms. I think I did good in that part. I almost made a mistake on a block but I corrected myself. I got told by my sabomnim that I had good tang soo do spirit. After that we had to line up in age groups to break our boards. My break was elbow strike and I'm happy because I broke the board on my first try. We sparred which I felt I could have done better on. At the end I stayed to watch the higher ranking belts test.

I was in the smaller training room where you could practice before the test. Then an orange belt disrespected me somehow and an older lady with a green belt got mad at him and started yelling at him. I had fun at this testing and I hope I did well and passed. The results should be in sometime this week. I'll post my results. :)

Tang Soo Do - Red Belt (2nd GUP)

Awesome! You should be really proud of yourself. I know how hard you worked for that belt. You put a lot into it. I bet you're going to feel amazing when you first get to put it on. And like Harkon said, I hope you really take time to enjoy the next step of the journey.