• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nathan Dresses Out!!

sensei8

I hope that you'll enjoy this little tribute to my son...Nathan Mitcham. He's an 18 year old special needs adult who was able to live out his dream...To dress out and play for his high school basketball team, The Owasso Rams.

It was quite an emotional week leading up to the Tuesday game against Sand Springs, OK Sandites on 02/13/2013. It was quite an emotional night...last night, and the emotions have overwhelmed me beyond any capacity that I can muster.

I could tell you about this story, however, I've not the vocabulary nor the skill to properly tell this amazing story how my son lived his dream. So, for now, I'll let others tell Nathan's story.

While at each link, you'll see other links embedded within these links that might help you fully experience Nathan's journey. You might also need to do some of your own searches to learn more because I'm sure I'm not fully aware of everything that's available.

So here we go...

http://www.facebook.com/Dressnathanout?fref=ts

**The second link on the above link is one of two articles that were written by Tulsa World's John E. Hoover World Sports Columnist**

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=708&articleid=20130213_29_B1_CUTLIN502311

**This is the second of two articles written by Tulsa World's John E. Hoover World Sports Columnist. There's a slideshow and a video included**

http://www.ktul.com/story/21141916/dressnathanout-was-a-huge-success

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/owasso/Twitter-campaign-a-success-for-Owasso-High-School-basketball-team-manager-Nathan-Mitcham

My wife and I have recorded just about every news show on our DVR about Nathan dressing out, ever since it began last week.

You can imagine just how much Nathan's Facebook/Twitter and the like have increased over the past week, but even more so since the game last night. If you "friend" him at Nathan Robert Mitcham, you can see quite a lot of pics/video's as well. I'd include them here, but, I'm not computer smart and I've no idea how.

My thanks go out to each and everyone who has made Nathan's dream come true. Allowing Nathan to dress out and to allow him to play validated many, many things within his life. Even more so, it's validated within Nathan that he can hoop...he's got game. It was validated when he stepped onto the floor in an official high school basketball game...PROOF IS ON THE FLOOR!!

I never truly realized the impact until last night. Channel 6, Fox Channel, Channel 8 and Channel 2, all from Tulsa, OK were there. Cars were everywhere; I had to "make" a parking spot near the gym because cars were everywhere, and I mean everywhere.

His 8 points and everything else he did during last nights game will be forever recorded. I don't even know what he's feeling today, but I know this...

I LOVE YOU NATHAN...I'M SO VERY PROUD OF YOU...YOUR MOM IS VERY PROUD OF YOU...YOUR SISTER IS VERY PROUD OF YOU!!

GO NATHAN!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As the parent of a special needs little girl, this story caught me off guard and I found that as I sat in my office reading it I was crying tears fo joy for you and your boy!

This is the kind of story a movie could be made about. I am so very happy for you and your son! This made my day!!!

Thank you very much for sharing this great story!

Even monkeys fall from trees

Congrats Nathan!

Pretty awesome how much everyone got behind him and then he goes out and scores 8 points? You must be so so proud.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Bob, that's just awesome! I'm so happy for Nathan! Its a really special deal, and it sounds like there are a lot of good people that got behind him locally to make all this happen. You guys are blessed! AWESOME! :karate:

Wow, Bob, that is so great. Congratulations to Nathan and your family. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Patrick