• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

JKA...honest to god opinion

Dojo02

Hmmm...this is starting to resemble the Shotokan and Cyberdojo forums, not good....

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hobbitbob,

All forums have threads such as this. It is the nature of discussion when two people have opinions that they are not willing to back down on. Doesn't make us any better or any worse.

Otherwise,

It is best to try to respond to all posts with respect, whether it is returned or not. Possibly respect isn't the right word - decency is another.

Anyway, this thread has gone off the mark and now think it is time for a break. :) Thanks.

• 10 months later...
Honest to God the JKA style of Shotokan is rubbisf. First off Gichin Funokishi real style is better known as Shotokai for itys more fluid stances and movements. The JKA adopted that really long stance. That stance is the most stupid stance off all. Ih I were to take on a practitioner of JKA shotokan I would go staright in and kick them in the bollucks. What can they do? Nothing! The stance is stupid and not at all effective in a real defence system. As my Goju teacher sais, its nothing wrong with the style its just the people teaching it today thats the problem. The people teaching Shotokan that are part of the JKA is also the wrong way to terach Shotokan. Real Shotokan should not employ such low stances and is much more fluid as a good explanation of this is in the link below.

Go down and find JKA and Shotokai and read.

funakoshi belong to both jka and the shotokai (see shotokan planet). he had one foot in each...

jka is just as good as any other style of shotokan, it's just the cost that makes me give them a thumbs down. :D

OMG...how can people be saying that this was an argument? It was NOTHING, in comparison to what happens at the bullshido forums where people are doing the equivalent of screaming at each other like 4 year olds! (kinda makes you think about the mentality those people would have, considering the training they do).

I thought Funakoshi was appointed those positions by both the JKA and Shotokai, and that he did not necessarily belong to either organization.

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....