• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

JKA...honest to god opinion

Dojo02

We all heard of the JKA organization and whatever horrible dealings they had with other people. But now i want an honest opinon from you guys about the organization. Did you have dealings with them? Were they that ignorant? Truth is, i am JKA also but on one side of the coin i understand our reasons for being the "best" when it comes to shotokan but on the other hand we have no character.

-Your friend in the arts,

Mike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon making my blackbelt my Sensei left the JKA. So although I trained and still teach under their guidelines more or less I am not a member.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I find the JKA style of Karate to be one of the best, easiest to learn, and most consistant (between Dojo) of all of the Japanese styles. I am unsure as to how much actual contact with the JKA people had, even before the breakup. I know that Sensei Nishiyama's and Okazaki's organizations were considered "American Representatives," but other strong "JKA stylists" like Ozawa Sensei (Las Vegas) and Americans like Sensei Dalke and Sensei Hassell seem to haev had littel contact with the actual organization itself.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Ive trained at the JKA headquarters with Osaka sensei. and i can say technically what the ISKF does here in america is almost identical to what they do in japan. and that is impressive. but politically the ISKF here is utterly ridiculous with some of their policys and practices.

From what I've been able to tell, the ISKF forbids its members to attend training camps with non-ISKF instructors. Ranking fees are a bit on the high end, too. I've met quite a few god ISKF yudansha, though. In Denver Sensei Yaguchi and Aragon, in Washington Sensei Cathy Cline,and in Baltimore Sensei Amin, adn Sensei Davis are quite fomidable Karateka.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Honest to God the JKA style of Shotokan is rubbisf. First off Gichin Funokishi real style is better known as Shotokai for itys more fluid stances and movements. The JKA adopted that really long stance. That stance is the most stupid stance off all. Ih I were to take on a practitioner of JKA shotokan I would go staright in and kick them in the bollucks. What can they do? Nothing! The stance is stupid and not at all effective in a real defence system. As my Goju teacher sais, its nothing wrong with the style its just the people teaching it today thats the problem. The people teaching Shotokan that are part of the JKA is also the wrong way to terach Shotokan. Real Shotokan should not employ such low stances and is much more fluid as a good explanation of this is in the link below.

Go down and find JKA and Shotokai and read.

Honest to God the JKA style of Shotokan is rubbisf. First off Gichin Funokishi real style is better known as Shotokai for itys more fluid stances and movements. The JKA adopted that really long stance. That stance is the most stupid stance off all. Ih I were to take on a practitioner of JKA shotokan I would go staright in and kick them in the bollucks. What can they do? Nothing! The stance is stupid and not at all effective in a real defence system. As my Goju teacher sais, its nothing wrong with the style its just the people teaching it today thats the problem. The people teaching Shotokan that are part of the JKA is also the wrong way to terach Shotokan. Real Shotokan should not employ such low stances and is much more fluid as a good explanation of this is in the link below.

http://www.24fightingchickens.com/shotokan/101/03_shotokan.html

Go down and find JKA and Shotokai and read.

Eye, you need to be careful because you come across sounding like an idiot.

Funakoshi constantly said that training out of a low stance was necassary.

The shotokai karate (SKA) is awful technically, they dont understand the bunkai even in the slightest and they do the kata incorrectly. Even by Funakoshi's standards.

Their is nothing fluid about them too they do the same kime as the JKA. Read egami sensei's book.

Last time i checked goju has front stance and shiko dachi.

They are both identicaly as low as shotokan stances.

Eye, you need to be careful because you come across sounding like an idiot.

lol then eye says

Then I guess that Shotokan is a pretty krappy style in my opinian since your so imobile in the position.

I guess your warning was not acknowledged. The low stances offer great support, you will never knock someone over who is in a good zankutsu dachi. They have their faults just like high stances, that is why a combination of both is so important :)

You make me laugh Eye, keep it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN