• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should Your Punch Remain In Line Of The Target At All Times?

Should your punch remain in line of the target at all times?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should your punch remain in line of the target at all times?

• Yes
    • No

Sure it can, it just won't hit as hard.

Bushido_man is probably right that their are better things you can do if the target moves while you are striking them, but sometimes just moving your fist to still hit them is a good option.

Think first, act second, and stop getting the two confused.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Still if the opponent evades the hook or uppercut your fist will occupy the space where his head used to be.

I think this is where combo's come into play. He may evade punch 1,2 but its 3,4,5 that he wont see.

Absolutely true. But not what the original question was asking. Neither the hook or the uppercut should be a first movement. Both are more effective when set up and followed up.

Can the line, no matter its path to said target, change directions from its committed path, at the very last second?

And the answer is...no. Well, I guess it CAN. But it's not likely to be effective. Most of the energy in the strike will have been offset by the energy required to change it's direction. Inertia is a pain in the rump!

BUT!!!!! That's where straitblast's comment comes in!

Still if the opponent evades the hook or uppercut your fist will occupy the space where his head used to be.

I think this is where combo's come into play. He may evade punch 1,2 but its 3,4,5 that he wont see.

Combo it up, baby!!!!!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I think you guys are concentrating to much on the "myth of the duel"

real encounters happen fast, no time to dance around, or we talking sporting event?

This is true that a "duel" is not usually a life and death situation. But that's not what Sensei8 was asking. Regardless, duel situations happen often. Are they usually more sportive...I think that's fair to say...but they are common none the less.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."