• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The terror of a new Kata...

...followed by the euphoria of nailing it!

Nailed a couple of advanced Katas this week!

How does everyone else react to a new Kata. I always absolutely dread it, the alienness of each move particularly where moves are subtly different to one from previous Katas!

I love learning!

:D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I love it!! Why? It's the unknown and the challenges it offers across the board; I live for that!!

New Kata...Bring it on!! I welcome it!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Not had the feeling for a long time as I know every Kata in the syllabus. But I have the wonderful chance to re-learn every Kata and it's respective Bunkai

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

I hate it as im so 'involved' with the kata I have trained for years, so much in all of them.

But after a few years of learning a new kata I start to like it more, it's to do with understanding it from a Bunkai and Oyo perspective for me- otherwise im dancing, and I can't dance well, at all.

Yours in karate,

Jim Neeter

https://www.shoshinkanuk.org

I always loved learning a new form. Right now, I actually dread the form I'm doing. I just can't seem to make it flow properly for me. But, I'll just keep at it, since I have to test with it coming up.

Learning a new form is always a blast for me. I love putting the new stuff together, the challenge of the new techniques, the new combinations, and all that good stuff.

How does everyone else react to a new Kata. I always absolutely dread it, the alienness of each move particularly where moves are subtly different to one from previous Katas!

What Kata did you learn?

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

What Kata did you learn?

K.

Jion and Hangetsu!

Now working in Enpi (almost got it) and Kanku Dai (way off it)!

What Kata did you learn?

K.

Jion and Hangetsu!

Now working in Enpi (almost got it) and Kanku Dai (way off it)!

I love them all...and the Bunkai...off the chart great!! Embrace them all, you'll not regret it.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I love learning new kata specially the advance kata I enjoy it i love it we just learn Bassai Dai 2 days ago and it was awesome I memorized the whole thing with in 3 days but its hard at 1st and its not easy

The only way A new kata will be Easy for you is to follow your sensie and what his doing and he will explain step by step on how to do it he will correct ya if your doing the step wrong or the form wrong just be focused dont dread the kata love it

I love Shotokan Karate Do and American Kenpo Karate