• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Countdown is ON!!!

Well, that was only Phase 2. Phase 2 was deciding whether or not I would make it to the final leg of the test.

I ran my 3 miles in 25 minutes. May seem like a long time for you guys, but it's good for me ;)

I had the fastest takeaway in one-on-one knife defense, which was what I was worried about the most. I actually got blood, though...the marker scraped my skin! When I was holding it!

My self-defense looked pretty good, too. I actually threw a guy and got some "wow"s.

My sparring was OK. A 5th degree pinned me against the wall, though and blocked me every time I tried to get out. He was so close I couldn't even bring my leg UP to kick him away. But other than that it went pretty good.

Final outcome:

I PASSED TO PHASE 3!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe I did it!

The last part will be very hard, and I'll do my best, but I'm not nervous about it at all. I'm over the big hurdle of my test. I'm so happy!! yayayayyayayblahalbjaljbiajie[ioajoe[jf woooooooo!!!!!!!

OK gotta calm down.....phew! :D <---- grinning like a fool

Thanks for all your support! I think I'll be less moody now (hopefully!) :nod:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Monkeygirl!!!!!! You did it :D You should be grinning from ear to ear. I have a year and a half to test for my BB, but the closer it gets the more of a wreck I will be. The tests are kinda easy till we get to brown. Then my master instructor wants to see Perfection (almost). We also have to run, and that scares me, because I have athsma :o Maybe I should start running to get used to it.

Laurie F

Does this mean that you are a full Black Belt now...or are they deciding on that now? Edited by sk0t

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

Our black belts are just regular plain black belts, sensei says that the ones with markings on them are just for show, i partially agree, if you have a massive number of bb's in you school, then the dan stripes are a good way to go!

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Ok sorry :D :D :D :D

I just passed !!!!! I am now officially a 1st degree black belt!! I don't get the physical belt until tonight at the banquet/ceremony, but it's embroidered and has my name and nickname ("the Whammy") on it. I have to give an acceptance speech thingy and sign an oath of commitment :) if my hands work :lol:

Wooo!!!! I'm so happy! Thanks everyone for your support and words of encouragement!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Great Job MonkeyGirl you deserve it :D

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN