• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Countdown is ON!!!

Pacing yourself at a test is not the best strategy. One should go all out and if you melt down in the process so be it.

In many schools part of the actual grading process at black belt is to see how dedicated the student is; to see how much they actually want the rank, as indicated by action not words.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with sai, never pace yourself ever!! When an instructor sees that you are "pacing" yourself he will work you harder and harder becuase to him you are not working hard enough. Just go nuts all the way through and don't worry about getting tired, good luck tomorrow :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I think that pacing yourself can be beneficial. Not during the kumite or gyoroogi part of the test tho....

Pacing yourself during Basic Fundamentals would be beneficial, because you can kick like you mean it, and still hold back....

just cause you dont kick to your head doesnt mean it isnt a good kick...

I guess it all comes down to what style you do...cause in TKD, you need to pace yourself...800 kicks that are meant to be head leave, dont all need to be!

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

Actually, my instructor specifically told us to pace ourselves. He wants all of the fights to be even because they are equally important. We should still be dead at the end, just not after the 4th fight. (we'll probably have at LEAST 7 people in the circle that I know of...I'm pretty sure we'll have more)

thugtkd- I dunno, we just do forms. Maybe you'll recognize some of the names (sorry, I know my spelling is wrong on these)

Chon-Ji

Do-San

Pinyon/Advanced Form 2 (I think the Advanced Forms aren't traditional)

Yol-Guk

Pinyon 4

Pinyon 5

Hwa-Rong

Chung-Moo

anyway that's it. Sparring style is full contact except to face and below belt. Hand and feet are used.

Superleeds- guitar is coming along pretty good! Thanks for asking ;) I play every night before bedtime :lol: After my test is over I'm looking at taking some guitar lessons.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I just found out that I'm testing also. I'm only testing for high green next week, but that is still a "rank" test in my dojang. I don't go for blue for two months. I am so nervous :o So there are many of us testing. We are all with ya :wink:

Laurie F

Go all out, all the time. If you fall, get back up and keep going. If you make a mistake, keep going. The test is a reflection of you and your own personal abilities. What everone else does, does not matter. Effort, Attitude and Perseverence go a long way..... :up:

GOOD LUCK!!! :karate:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I do recognize some of the forms... They are ITF (Internation TaeKwonDo Federation) forms, and i like them, they are very dynamic and really compliment the kicking art nicely...

Good Luck on the test...

Do you have probationary period after your test, or are you a confirmed Black Belt after this test.?

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."