The Countdown is ON!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, today is the day. In about 13 hours I go to class and begin the test.

Thank you all for your support and advice! I will definitely let you know how it goes after Saturday night (when I find out myself!).

It turns out that on Wednesday night we'll be doing self-defense stuff, and part of that is doing "red marker knife defense". You wear a white t-shirt. Anywhere you get "stabbed" with the marker will show up on your shirt.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Hiya Monkeygirl.

That sounds cool. An interesting way to do self defense.

Anyways, I found out that I am testing also ..... eeekkkkk. I mean, I'm only testing for high green (which is a "rank" test in my school), but tests always make me nervous. I know what I need to know, so hopefully I won't be too nervous.

I know you will do great :)

Laurie F

Good luck Monkey...

And Congrats on training long enough to make it this far...

Edited by sk0t

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

Well, Phase 1 is over...Phase 2 is tomorrow night. Let's just say I've done better.

I don't know if my instructor is trying to mess with my head or not, but he came up to me after the test last night and said "What was wrong? I was disappointed." I put everything I had into that test. It may not have looked that way because I was still pacing myself, but man I was dead afterwards.

My nightmare begins tomorrow night...self-defense, sparring and running. (not necessarily in that order) It's not the self-defense in general that I'm worried about, it's the knife defense. I think my t-shirt is going to be very red :lol:

Sparring...ugh ugh UGH ugh ugh. I'm going to die, folks. Good-byes should be done before tomorrow.

Running...well, we have an hour to do 3 miles, and I'll be lucky to get it done in time.

Oh well...what will be, will be, right? I'll just give it my best, and if that's not good enough, I'll train harder for next time.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Monkey, what types of forms do you do in your Modern-TaeKwonDo, and what type of sparring?

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."