• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Countdown is ON!!!

Radok wrote:

'gees! you must be madly excited! im not even close to black. :bawling: Testing for green this saturday."

Neither am I :bawling: I got a year and a half for BB test. But I do know I will be a nervous wreck when the time comes. I'm testing for high green tomorrow and that's nerve-racking enough! I'm with ya, dude :) Oh, and good luck to you also :)

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Monkeygirl ... I still remember that feeling afterwards ...(actually it lasts for several days) ... hard to describe the feeling a little bit of exhaustion, pride, joy, soreness, pain, WOW ... good going girl! :up: You made us .... proud!

Now you tell me .... Does that black belt mean anything to you??

Oh ... and karatekid, Good Luck to you also (and all you other members who are testing soon!) :brow:

My blackbelt means a lot to me. So much to me that on Saturday morning when they told me I had passed, I started to cry. I felt like such a dork! Besides the usual (honor, courage, accomplishment), I have defied the group of people who never thought I could make it, who tried to get me to quit, even seriously injure me. Hear me roar!!! :lol:

I actually have my blackbelt oath right here in front of me, it says it pretty well:

I accept with honor and privelige, the Black Belt in the martial arts, and do hereby swear to uphold the standards of, honesty, integrity, courtesy, high moral code and indomitable spirit.

I sincerely pledge, to honor my instructor and school with loyalty and support, and to value and carry-on the martial arts tradition with respect and dignity.

I further pledge, with humility and gratitude, to continue my mental, physical and spiritual growth to the highest level to lead by example, and to share what I have learned from others.

Cool, huh? The banquet was so awesome...even though one of our newly-appointed 2nd degrees bashed his head on the wall and went to the hospital. Which just figures! Makes it through the test with just a little soreness, but during the BANQUET he bloodies his head! He's OK now, though, I saw him yesterday morning. We watched a videotape of the whole banquet with him, so he got to enjoy it too. (and cringed through the part where he hit his head....*shudder*)

There was a slideshow of each candidates lives' from baby pictures to present, and little jokes the whole way through.

I'm a little sore though...the occasional headache from Mr. Bill on Saturday *ouch* he hit me the hardest out of anyone. LOL some guy who has a crush on me was in the waiting room, and he was gonna come out and like...defend me or something. What could he do? Still, it was sweet. :lol:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

hehe....I've had quite a few ppl ask me this.

My nickname actually came from my beloved big brother. :D A few years ago, cartoon network or some other channel was showing reruns of Speed Racer, all day long. Well, one day I was climbing on some furniture and generally being annoying, when my brother said I was acting like Chim-Chim. That Christmas, he gave me something monkey related, and it just kinda stuck. Christmases and birthdays have been filled with monkeys. When it came time to choose a screenname for the first time, monkeygirl seemed only natural. My love of monkeys is known world-wide, thanks to the Internet ;) Anyone noticed the sudden popularity of monkeys? I take credit for that :lol:

So, to summarize: my nickname (like every other weird thing in my life) came from my brother :D

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.