• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Branches of Kyokushin / Ashihara and Enshin

MisterMcDojo

I'm trying to get an understanding on exactly what are the differences offered in the split branches of Kyokushin.

Since Mas Oyama's original legacy lies with Shokei Matsui and the IKO, what does organizations like the WKO run by Kenji Midori and the IFK run by Steve Arneil offer differently? Are they not the "true" Kyokushin, since Mas Oyama did not specifically pick them like he did with Shokei Matsui to be the successor to the IKO and Kyokushin? All three of these men trained under Mas Oyama. What would I get training under different Kyokushin branches, with all saying that they have the "true will" of Mas Oyama running in their styles?

----

Also, a question about comparing Ashihara and Enshin. What are the main differences between the two? They are both Sabaki Method karate. I know that Joko Ninomiya trained under Hideyuki Ashihara before creating his own karate style, but what exactly did he alter that makes it different than Ashihara?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Predominantly it's all about politics, senior Yudansha believed to be the rightful heirs to Oyama Sosai's legacy or disagreement amongst the ranks about various protocols. Many of the Kyokushin organisation Honbu dictate that registered Yudansha are not allowed to train with or attend other specified Organisation's events etc or they will be "expelled" etc. But only ever met one Kyokushin Sempai who "enforced" it.

Regards Ashihara and Enshin, I think the main fference is that as Ninomiya Kancho was also a experienced Judoka he blended his Nage waza with his Judo experience, whereas Ashihara is more of Aikidoka's way of Nage waza. I find the similarities vast but I am not worthy to ask why the split. I have Ninomiya Kancho's biography I think it explains there the split, he does state, Ashihara Kancho was his only Karate Sensei.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Predominantly it's all about politics, senior Yudansha believed to be the rightful heirs to Oyama Sosai's legacy or disagreement amongst the ranks about various protocols. Many of the Kyokushin organisation Honbu dictate that registered Yudansha are not allowed to train with or attend other specified Organisation's events etc or they will be "expelled" etc. But only ever met one Kyokushin Sempai who "enforced" it.

Regards Ashihara and Enshin, I think the main fference is that as Ninomiya Kancho was also a experienced Judoka he blended his Nage waza with his Judo experience, whereas Ashihara is more of Aikidoka's way of Nage waza. I find the similarities vast but I am not worthy to ask why the split. I have Ninomiya Kancho's biography I think it explains there the split, he does state, Ashihara Kancho was his only Karate Sensei.

Now that's a solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!