• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Conditioning your body

chrisw08

I was wondering about body conditioning and how to do this. I want to be able to take body shots and strengthen my body. Do you just let someone punch in the solar plexus a certain amount of times.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't willingly take many, if any, shots to the solar plexus because it's a vital area which means a blow there would most likely be a fatal one.

Kiai properly can and will absorb quite a lot. Using a medicine ball to condition for blows to the body, for me, is at the very top of the list, if not right by itself at the top. Oh yeah...spar and spar and spar...take the shots!!

Allowing a partner to strike you with various punches and kicks is also a great way to also get used to getting hit with the actual blows used in combat. Remember that this type of body conditioning takes time because the desirable results won't come over night.

While the conditioning is providing one to absorb many shots, I also believe that proper deflection of unassuming shots will also prove to be beneficial.

One of my other favorite body conditioning against body blows requires one to have a partner just as twisted as yourself; I have Greg, and he's just as twisted as one can get...well...I suppose I am too. We love to just let each other take turns kicking and punching and striking one another in a kind of..."Ok, it's my turn...Oh...that's all you got?!", and we'll do this until one says 'uncle'...hehehehee...we're both pig-headed and neither of us like to give in.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My school did body conditioning. What we did is partnered up and light struck each other. As we got higher in the ranks we went a little harder, trying to keep the ranks even so as not to injure a lower ranking student. Stay away from the face and groin.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Medicine Ball for me, and Core Muscle training. Hold the reverse Plank for 30 seconds at a time, then do it with a bean bag on your midriff. The superman pressup is a good one too,

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Let your body bend a bit with the strike.Tighten the muscles and exhale. Maybe even growl a bit (helps to get the breath right.)
The growling does help a lot. It seemed silly to me but it helps regulate breathing so as to not have the wind knocked out of you.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Do you just let someone punch in the solar plexus a certain amount of times.

The solar plexus cannot be conditioned, it's a gap in the musculature, that's why it's an important target. I agree with Harkon72, use a medicine ball, thrown at or dropped onto the torso. But, only when the body is well conditioned by exercise.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

Woah, Body "Conditioning" Can be very dangerous and is a widely mis used and mis undertood thing. some people actually think that getting hit alot makes you get used to is and build up a resistance...NO it does not....its very dangerous and some of the practices of instructors can board on the criminal if one gets hurt badly doing this...and as suggested...YOu can not condition or desensitize specific areas. The most you can do is build up muscle to absorbe as much shock as possible and dispell impact.

Do NOT let some half wit talk you into "getting a beating to help you take a beating".....leave and do not look back...or say "Okay, you first" :karate:

Even monkeys fall from trees