• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well.

Like you said both a complete arts, not just complete but very effective.

Ninjutsu was created about 1000 AD and was used against the Samurai and other ninja clans. The basic idea was that the few could defeat the many. Ninjutsu combines fluid movement and effortlessness with devastating weapons and striking techniques. Unlike many other MA's Ninjutsu rarely uses closed fists, and emphasis's relaxation for speed of striking. Ninjutsu mainly conserns itself with striking muscles tissue, especially where it covers bone.

Ninjutsu probably covers the most weapons out of all the Martial arts in the world, from katana or Ninja-ho to Chain. Other than the combat side, it covers stealth, fire arms and explosives. As Ninjutsu consists of 12 schools (I think?) of which Taijutsu (the unarmed part of ninjutsu) is just one school.

Tai Chi, probably could not be more different. Tai Chi was created some 3000 years ago at the base of Wudang mountain. I would say that it takes longer to actually be able to use Tai Chi, than Ninjutsu. The techniques, like Ninjutsu, are focused on flowing movement. But unlike Ninjutsu, Chi/Ki, is emphasised a lot more in the early stages. Ninjutsu becomes "softer" as you get more familiar with the techniques. Tai Chi is based primarily on forms. Where as Ninja are only taught some basic techniques, and the rest they fill in for themselves.

The Tai Chi forms are very long, slow movements are used to build GREAT stamina and Chi cultivation.

Tai Chi, covers the Tai Chi sword, which is long and thin, the broad sword and the staff.

Now if two excellent practioners of these to great arts where placed in the same room and told to fight, they would probably go down the pub for a pint.

Take Care

I couldn't agree more!!!!! As an instructor of both Ninjitsu and Tai Chi Chuan I see a big differnce bteween the two. But yet they seem to flow buetifully with each other.

I recieved my rank in Ninjitsu first, but after that happened, I wished to feel and know more about the enternal aspects of martial arts. So I took up Tai Chi. And I have found that once hard strikes are longer the absolute. Using chi energy, in the strike (when nessecary) has proven just as effective.

My suggestion is find instructors in both styles and learn for yourself. Your findings maybe different then mine. BUT, that is you grow as a martial artist.

MonkeyNinja :wink:

As i promess im going to post the disciplines that the ninja have to train AND master..

Junan taiso: Yoga-like body conditioning exercises.

Nin-po Taijutsu:unarmed Combat

-Taihenjutsu: body movement, breakfalls, leaping.

-Dakentaijutsu: Striking and kicking.

-Jutaijustu: Grappling and Choking.

Bojutsu: Staff fighting.

Hambojutsu: Short stick fighting.

Ninja ken-po: Fighting with the ninja sword.

-kenjutsu:Fencing skills

-iaijustsu:Fast-drawing skills.

Tantojutsu: Knife fighting.

Shurikenjutsu:Blade throwing.

Kusarijutsu:fighting with the short chain weapons.

Kyoketsu shoge: Corde and blade weapon.

Kusarigama: Chain and Sickle weapon.

Teppo: Firearms.

Ninki: Specialized ninja gear and tools.

fujika: blowguns and darts.

Heiho: Combat strategy.

Gotonpo: use natural elements for escape.

In-yo do: Taoist Principles.

Seishin teki kyoyo: Personal clarity.

-Meso:meditation

-shinpi: concepts and mysticism

-nin-po mikkyo: Ninja "secret knowlege" of the universe.

Kuji kiri: Balancing electromagnetic power fields

Kuji-in: Energy Channeling.

This info comes from the book "Ninja: Warrior ways of enlightenment" by Stephen K. Hayes student of the 34th Grandmaster of Togakure ryu Ninjutsu Maasaki Hatsumi.