• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Poll: How much do you charge per month?

How much do you charge per month for training?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you charge per month for training?

• 0-39
    • 40-59
    • 60-79
    • 80-99

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I picked the amount but for me concidered in UK £'s not US $'s

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

We have a tiered pay structure, so you pay less if you go to fewer classes, and pay more if you go to more classes. $79 a month for 8 classes, $89 for 12, $99 for 16, and $119 for unlimited classes.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thanks, I hope more people take the poll.

I do $85, myself. I teach two indoor classes a week and one outdoor on saturdays. I figure the 8 indoors each month are worth $10 each plus a $5 admin, and Saturdays I keep free as an open practice with less instruction, followed by coffee with the group at a local bakery. :D

Buddha is not on the mountain, man.

My karate class is through the local Boys and Girls Club, so it's basically free-- the kids get "charged" $1 a class and they just bring the dollar to each class and put it in an old coffee can-- I'm not sure if anyone even keeps track of if they pay or not. I remember when I was a kid forgetting my dollar all the time and no one really said anything. I think that just all goes to helping buy belts and heavy bags and sparring gear and stuff, although I'm sure the club's equipment funds help with all that, as well. The adults don't pay anything, but most of us help out with the kids' class, which is right before ours.

My Judo class is $40 a month, but that's through the town's recreation department, so it's run by volunteers, we use the rec department's building, and we probably get a little help from public funds for buying mats.

So both of them are a lot cheaper than they would be because they're mostly volunteer run and receive donations or public funds. I do po' man's martial arts-- two hours of martial arts four times a week for a grand total of $40. Not bad.

I think this really depends on what you're doing. My teacher was well enough off that teaching was a fun thing. He started out doing it for free and eventually charge $25 a month. My Kung Fu instructor charged a one time fee of $75 for a month class and then just continued for free for the students who wanted to drive to his house and do it. On the other hand I can see those instructors who need to keep up with rent and other various monetary obligations it would be higher. Also the perceived worth of the school puts up the price. I've just been lucky to get a couple of instructors in a row who have had the ability to charge less for their classes.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Well I'm in pounds and not dollars but my school charges based on how many sessions you do per week with discounts for number of lessons and family discounts. I think it roughly works out about £5 ($8?)a session.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius