Stopping at 1st Kyu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be sacrificing new techniques to perfect present techniques.

Solid post!!

:)

Now you are assuming that 1 kyu will be taught different techniques than a dan?

I have never been so lucky to be in a club that had exclusive lessons for black belts only. Lessons are the same - if you think very hard, you might differences in learning - maybe motivation, maybe goals, but it's digging deep.

Solid post!!

I have never been so lucky to be in a club that had exclusive lessons for black belts only. Lessons are the same - if you think very hard, you might differences in learning - maybe motivation, maybe goals, but it's digging deep.

Our school has black belt classes (although I am not able to make them at this time... :kaioken: ). As far as a black belt class goes, there wouldn't necessarily be different techniques, but different approaches to teaching, different content, perhaps more advanced things, like in our case, jumping techniques, different self-defense material, etc. Also, working on instruction-based things.

Solid post!!

I'm not assuming anything because that's not how I roll. I was commenting on the posts value to me.

Our kyu's are taught in kyu appropriate classes and our black belts are taught in appropriate classes as well. Godan's and above are taught in appropriate classes, inasmuch as those who are Nanadan's are taught only by Hachidans. Hachidan's are well taught by...well...that's a different problem all by itself.

**Proof is on the floor!!!