• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To all adult Martial Artists in America!

how do you able get chance to learn Martial arts don't you guys have to get a job and earn money to live.. It's like i see many Americans or others they get full enough time to work on MA's without any time or money problem..

here in korea adults should work to earn money or if you are very rich they would not mind about learning MA's.. so even in my TKD adult class there is only me Adult and the other's are all middle schoolers and high schoolers.. how poor i am.. :bawling:

but sometimes i read in the magazine and see in TV many American adults they spend time on practicing MA where do they get the money to pay those fees.. how do they make their living out of MA.. :roll:

i am a korean boy who will rock korea with my fists may be next 10 years i am already a bruce lee of korea

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Well Tiger, Its not easy. I like most of the other adults I train with, work in the daytime and train at night. Instead of the sterotypical image of the lazy american, we do not sit at home and watch TV. Its not easy training after working 9 or 10 hrs. I find that if you really enjoy something you tend to find a way to do it as much as possible. :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

how do you able get chance to learn Martial arts don't you guys have to get a job and earn money to live.. It's like i see many Americans or others they get full enough time to work on MA's without any time or money problem..

here in korea adults should work to earn money or if you are very rich they would not mind about learning MA's.. so even in my TKD adult class there is only me Adult and the other's are all middle schoolers and high schoolers.. how poor i am.. :bawling:

but sometimes i read in the magazine and see in TV many American adults they spend time on practicing MA where do they get the money to pay those fees.. how do they make their living out of MA.. :roll:

Of course we have jobs to earn money TigerKorea :lol: Perhaps it is different in Korea, in the school that i go to we have classes that are as short as 45 minutes and as long as 3 hours. I normally attend three classes a week. Monday for an hour, Weds for 90 minutes and Friday or Saturday for an hour. It's not that expensive

65 dollars a month. I have plenty of time to practice outside of class. We also have a lot of younger kids in our classes and many adults. Although not many that are as old or older than i am, almost 38 :o

Regards

If its something you enjoy you will make time. Most Americans only work 8hrs a day some 12. Most of us have a lot of things we get into in our free time. Be it MA, church, sports, hobbies, and so on. American is the land of plenty remember LOL....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I know how you feel, Tiger. I work part time right now (6 hours, 4 days a week). My boyfriend has a full time day job, but we are "roughin it" right now. Money is tight. But Guess what? We still find time and money for MA. I did the same when I took TSD. My monthly fee came before other bills (good thing I lived with my parents then LOL), because I wanted to be able to train.

MA is the only thing I was ever good at. And I'm addicted to it :D So is my boyfriend (I created a monster!!! LOL). So, we find ways to train.

Laurie F

I work a part time job, go to college, raise two kids, and still find the money to go to class. I sometimes have to pay with spare change that I have to look for around the house, but I still go. My problem is time. Just to busy most of the time. I went this past Monday though. Its hard but if I dont do my MA i would go insane. It is my stress reliever.

I just fit in MA whenever I can. I'm going to University, working part time and taking Wing Chun three days a week for an hour and a half each. Even if I can't make a class I try and practice when I wake up or have a few free minutes here and there. Every little bit helps!

Some of us also have been in high quality programs that were ran out of local YMCA's or community centers at a lower price that a commercial dojo. We learned from an instructor with a full time job who loved martial arts enough to want to teach part time.

Few of us live in a dojo/dojang.

i work plenty of hours and squeeze in the time to train..believe me im not close to being rich..if i could i would train alot more..fortunately now that i am a instructor i dont pay for classes ..only volunteer my time to teach class or asssit my sahbumnim..and hes just barely making his bills otherwise he would pay me for my time.....and funny thing is we hear the oppisite over here..that in korea you practice 8-12 hours a day..and that the government pays for your training..obvously thats not the case..keep in mind also that all you may see about america is on tv..only the good stuff..theres plenty of poor hungry..suffering people over here who miss meals much less miss martial arts lessons

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

That is a dream world only seen on TV. Most of us work very hard and squeeze the time out of our schedules and commitments to train. Unfortunately, I have not found that tree in my backyard that grows money on it either. :wink:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.