shaolin kempo Fred Villari 12 degree

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the wiki page it sounds like 5th was awarded to him and he holds 12th dan in his own system.

I'm unsure of the motivation behind the OP. I think there are some organizational politics here, but maybe I'm misreading. Maybe shoalinninja could explain in more detail.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

From what I hear he did reward himself that rank. It was a controversial move and got a lot of criticism but he stuck with it because he made his own system and felt that it was his right.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Many lawyers will tell you that what Mr. Villari did was NOT against the law...self promotion and all...but it's against my law!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Many lawyers will tell you that what Mr. Villari did was NOT against the law...self promotion and all...but it's against my law!!

Agreed!

I've read many a story of Shodan & Nidan grades getting on a plane in Tokyo and getting of the plane at the other end as a Yondan or Godan.

It's possibly the same as Kancho Sullivan, who is only officially graded to Nidan. His other grades are awarded by a panel of his lower grades to him.

I'm not too sure is Kwang Uk Lee was awarded his grades officially too as he's the head of one of the Tang Soo Do organisations.

After a certain level in many arts. The grades are time served anyway.

Understand the frustration but I've seen far far worse than GM Villari on YouTube that are supposedly officially graded to their current grade

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• 2 weeks later...

I do Shaolin Kempo and I can assure you Villari trained with monks in China for a number of years. The combinations we have are true Shaolin defensive maneuvers.

As for the forms, no, they are not "TRUE" Shaolin forms, but they encompass Shaolin techniques.

Still, it's an odd post in my opinion. Is the OP trying to discredit Shaolin Kempo?

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

I don't think that was his intention at all. I've seen Shaolin Kempo in action and it's a good system. I think some of us cringe when someone rewards themselves additional dan grades though.