• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sparring classes

In our TKD classes when you reach the gold belt level you begin to spar ... and usually paired with an advanced belt to "talk you through" .... executing light strikes on your open targets just so you are aware you are not blocking correctly or not keeping your "hands up" (How often have we all heard that as beginners!! :roll:)

Once our beginners get the hang of sparring and have managed to get those kicks up and execute "control" it's usually time to take off those kid gloves --so-to-speak! :lol:

I mean after all.... we are geared up to the hilt ---helmut/hogu chest protector/foot,/hand/arm/shin/mouth protectors ... I mean excessive and extreme strikes are uncalled for ... you are not there to purposely injure your opponent, but you do need strike your opponent with a certain amount of controlled execution and that does take practice and comes with sparring experience.

When the blackbelts spar one another it does tend to get very exciting because it is usually no holes barred :o

Sometimes the instructor will have us spar without contact ... trying to get that kick executed with just enough power to land just inches away from the target (your opponent). That I find extremely more difiicult than actually connecting with my opponent.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt