• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello from Lakewood, CO

MoxieMama

Welcome to KF! :karate: I've got a friend that works in Lakewood. Maybe you go to the same TKD school!

Hi Bushido! I attend 5280 Karate Academy in Lakewood. It is relatively new, only about a year old. It used to be part of the Stephen Oliver Mile High Karate program (yuck and before my time) and the new owner has taken it away from a McDojo to a karate academy.

It's still young and developing, but it is an amazing family of martial artists that my son and I have fallen in love with.

Thank you for the welcome!

I started tae kwon do to maintain a strong bond with my son and to get healthy. Eighteen months later, we are red belts and halfway through in our quest to black belt. Our goal is to be learning black belts forever! Check out my blog at http://toblackbeltandbeyond.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Welcome to KF! :karate: I've got a friend that works in Lakewood. Maybe you go to the same TKD school!

Hi Bushido! I attend 5280 Karate Academy in Lakewood. It is relatively new, only about a year old. It used to be part of the Stephen Oliver Mile High Karate program (yuck and before my time) and the new owner has taken it away from a McDojo to a karate academy.

It's still young and developing, but it is an amazing family of martial artists that my son and I have fallen in love with.

Thank you for the welcome!

Sounds like you've found a good place then. As for my friend, he's in an ATA school out that way, so no luck there. Glad to have you, though! :karate: