• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My son's Wrestling season...

Update: so far, practice is going pretty well. Kendall is getting two practices a night, and I think that will help him out a lot. In the first practice, he is working with some of the newer kids, and doing some different stand-up stuff, which will really help his game.

Kenneth, my youngest, is doing ok with it so far. They've mainly covered the basics of the shot, and are starting to get into top and bottom stuff. Although he did hit one really sweet takedown where he got into good position with his hips, then lifted an snapped his arms to really sweep it good. Then after that, he kind of hurried too much, but he is learning.

Our first tournament is this weekend, so we are gearing up for that. I'm working with Kendall to clean up some stuff to shake the rust off, so hopefully he'll be ready to hit the mats on Saturday.

I will keep you all posted!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that both Kendall AND Kenneth are wrestling, I can't wait to see the videos and read their updates!!

GO KENDALL and KENNETH!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks, Bob.

Yesterday in practice, Kendall (and I ;)) got to learn how to do the spiral ride from the top position. I really liked how it worked out, and hope to work with Kendall on it some more this year.

Thanks, Bob.

Yesterday in practice, Kendall (and I ;)) got to learn how to do the spiral ride from the top position. I really liked how it worked out, and hope to work with Kendall on it some more this year.

Oh what a rush!! Imagine what they'll both be like in high school? I'm getting goose bumps!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

That's really cool that both of them are in it now! That's going to be lots of fun for you to be part of! Keep us posted as the season progresses..

I will, for sure.

We've been to our first tournament this last Saturday, 12/13. Kendall had two matches, and won both. I've got video on one that I'll have up soon, but we missed the second one. He was a little gassed, but conditioning should pick him up over the next few weeks.

Thank you, Patrick.

Kenneth's practices are a bit of an adventure at this point. His attention span is pretty slight right now, but I think its getting better. The main thing I wanted was to get him some exposure to it, and he seems to be taking to it well enough. He is still trying to grasp some of the concepts, like you can't lay on your back, and moving around and getting to the head to run a half-Nelson and things like that. But, with time, he'll pick it up.

Kendall, on the other hand, is woefully out of condition, but the coaches worked them over last night! Kendall is signed up for his next tournament, which will be on December 27th.

Video of the previous tournament coming soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Things are going ok so far this season. Kendall had his second tournament this past weekend, and got first there. Kenneth, on the other hand, hasn't got started yet, as we've missed a few tournaments due to inclement weather. Hopefully, we've got past that, now.

Practices are going pretty well. Kendall has been learning some new things, and a new coach with some great technical insight has been really doing some great drilling with the kids.