• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My son's Wrestling season...

Glad you were able to find a solution for the pain and fever. I'm sure it was scary.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you were able to find a solution for the pain and fever. I'm sure it was scary.
Boy, it really sucked. In the future, we should maybe go straight to the root canal. Save a lot of pain and suffering.

Boy, it really sucked. In the future, we should maybe go straight to the root canal. Save a lot of pain and suffering.

I echo what Patrick said. My teeth hurt just thinking about it all!!

:o

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Another scramble yesterday, and Kenneth got 2 wins via pin. Kenneth won his first match by pin in the second period, with a pretty nasty throw from a headlock. The kid he wrestled was one he wrestled several times last year, but the kid had gotten quite a bit taller and filled out a bit from last year (but I believe the kid is wrestling a weight class below Kenneth). The kid is notorious for coming in high and trying to headlock. Kenneth countered it beautifully with his own throw in the second period, and went right into the pin. He told me after the match he told the kid to learn from his mistakes, especially seeing as he had made the same mistake twice in the same match.

The second match was against a kid much bigger than Kenneth, but not as experienced, and he wrestled him earlier in the season. He took a totally different approach in this match; he snapped the kid down to the takedown, and then worked to pin him from there. When he snapped him down, the kid was flat out on his stomach, and he had a perfect setup to run an Iowa, but he spun around him instead and worked his pin that way. I let him know about that after the match.

I wish he would have had more matches, but another pair of wins is great.

Kenneth has proven that he's effective on the mat time and time again. Congrats, Kenneth, keep up the good mat work.

GO KENNETH!!

:)

sounds like he is doing very well. He good enough to wrestle at college? (just asking as i know the USA college wrestling is a very high standard)
That's hard to say at this point. If he keeps putting in the work throughout high school (which I think he will), I could see him giving it a shot at a smaller school. Both my boys did Kids Wrestling (club wrestling is a better term, I guess), and my older boy had more success in kids wrestling than my younger son has to this point. Middle school wrestling is kind of a mixed bag. His experience in kids wrestling has definitely been a boon to his success in middle school so far.

He plays football and baseball too, so he has options going forward. If he had a choice, I think he'd want to try to play football somewhere. If he does, if its a smaller school, he could probably give the wrestling team a shot, too.

Last week, Kenneth got 5 matches in a tournament. Quite a few, which was good. Unfortunately, one of them was against one of his teammates, which is never really fun. He had some challenges today, and he lost one match to a kid that is a really good wrestler. He held his own, but unfortunately didn't score any points, and got pinned in the third period. He won the rest of his matches by pin. He was really upset about the loss, which I understand, but he still had a very good day.

This week is the league meet, and that will wrap up the middle school wrestling season.

Any loss can vex someone deeply and even though they were in top form otherwise, that loss is what really concerns someone the most.

Good luck, Kenneth, at the league meet.

:)

League champion! Kenneth had two other people to wrestle at the league tournament, but for some reason, one of them decided to forfeit his matches. Funny thing was, he stood on the podium afterwards at third place...I thought that was odd, and not really deserved.

Anywho, Kenneth had one match with the same kid he'd wrestled 3 times already this year, and he took him all three periods and won, 7-0.

Now he's signed up for kid's wrestling, and will compete in the district tournament on March 1.