• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone here take the art Aikijutsu or know anything about it? I was with an excellent instructor for several months that taught this art and I was blown away by how complete it was. Unfortunately, he's dislexic and often mistakes the spellings of things. He was pronouncing and spelling the name of the art Aiki-Jujitsu. I had found no information on this, but a little on Aikijutsu.

It focuses heavily on wrist locks, throws, breaks and other disabling moves. My sensei also had different styles of Kung Fu mixed in that really made the blocks and strikes feel comfortable.

I hope someone has heard of this before.

Edit- Wow, that post is all over the place.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Kyle-San,

I dont suppose i am an expert at aiki-jitsu seen as i am only a 5th kyu yellow belt, but i will try and assist you if needs be.

I like it a lot - the art is VERY complete as you say and also the locks and disabling moves are at an all time high when studying. they are more biased in the gradings towards locks and breaks than throws. Because lcks and breaks can be applied from a larger number of positions.

Wanna discuss it a bit more just keep on replying. I woudl also like to hear what grade you are.

Thanx

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

Moobrak,

Oh, I'm just a little white belt. I know my sensei quite well (he is a friend of the family and has been so for 6 or 7 years) and am consistantly amazed by the higher level moves he's showing. I won't be able to have much more contact with his school (I'm a good 12 hour drive away), but intend to go back during Christmas breaks and summers. If I can get myself to a solid Green then I'll be more than satisfied.

Does your school break down into the different animal styles (Tiger, Crane, Snake, Mantis, Monkey) as well?

lol.

that is not Aikijutsu, perhaps you are thinking of Kung Fu. But Aikijutsu does not have animal styles.

Take Care

*Shrug*

I'm using all the information that I have. From what I've seen (like the site that was posted earlier) the style I took was very close to Aikijutsu. Perhaps someone just made some modifications along the way and introduced the animal styles into it.

We at our dojo do not incorporate or split into animal styles - i believe that kensei is right when he mentions kung fu.

Our sensei (7th Dan Aiki-Jutsu, D.Buckley) is constantly showing us advanced moves which he then breaks down into simple movements of which then we can put into our gradings.

I train once a week because that is all the time our dojo is open - we are invited to a seminar in waddington - sounds good.

No matter how much you get to train - stick at it, it is a great thing to study alike any other martial arts - to do well all you need is commitment!

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon