• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello.

Kyle-san

Well, I'm going to say a little about myself and hope I don't sound like I'm trying to know it all.

My name is Kyle and I'm 18, I just started in University (of Alberta) and have been in martial arts for 8 years so far. I stumbled accross the forums a few minutes ago in the computer lab, checked out the "Art vs Art" forum and decided to sign up.

I started in Shotokan Karate and continued in that for 4 years with a few breaks towards the end. I was a brown belt when I stopped. From there I move on to Tae Kwon Do (ITF) and stuck with that for 2 years. I managed to get to blue belt before quitting due to problems with the instructor.

I was in Aikijutsu for 5 months before moving to Edmonton at the end of August and had known the instructor for 6 years. He'd been showing me bits and pieces the whole time while deciding if he'd teach again or not. I'm just a humble white belt here, but am trying to keep up my training.

Right now I'm looking at joinging the Aikido and Wing Chun clubs on campus and have even considered the Capoera club. Please feel free to correct me on anything I'm doing wrong and I hope to learn from my time here.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KarateForums Kyle!

So you visisted our Art vs.Art Forum ... this is a new forum we just added and it seems to be popular with certain martial artists who enjoy pitting one art against another ... it becomes very interesting at times.:nod:

Good luck in college and in furthering your martial arts education ... we look forward to your "humble" insights here. :)

welcome to the boards :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Um...you spelled "joining" wrong.... :lol:

That's the only thing that needs correcting, other than that everything sounded fine and spelling was good :P

Nice to know we have some people who appreciate good spelling!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.