• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

911 Anniversary is upon us........

Pacificshore

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well it's nice to hear that most are carrying on as before. It is also nice to hear that everyone is more aware and that certain priorities have been made such as family and friends, but unfortunate that it has taken a tragic event such 9-11. As for the media, well unfortunately they are a necessary evil in my opinion.

As for me I too find that I am carrying on as before, and that my awareness level increases as I travel, that I spend quality time with friends and family, and that I am greatful for the sacrafices of our Armed forces here and abroad, and that I am patient and understanding of the security processes we have to go through at times because of 9-11. Do I feel inconvienenced or my freedoms restricted? My answer is NO!!

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Like many, I have a renewed sense of family, friends, country, and freedom. I am not sweating the small stuff as much. I am grateful to be living in a free society and I am thankful for those who protect our freedoms. I visited Ground Zero and felt the sadness. I also felt the values and spirit of a great nation that came together. Out of the tragedy has come a new spirit and appreciation for the values that make our country great.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

as a member of the canadian armed forces 911 affected me many ways

the largest being the loss of four friends in afghan by friendly fire

anyone who says that 911 did not affect them is crazy

i understand getting tired of memorial services and such

how can you say that the event never changed you or your life

how can knowing a group of people gave their lives to save another crash not affect you

how can knowing that those scum bags who plotted this are still alive not affect you

its like saying the bombing of the building in okla city did not affect you

how can you not be moved by such things

if events like this do not make you hug your kids tighter or cause you to change your outlook on life shame on you

I know after having spent time in afghan and recently coming home i sure am glad to be with my family again. kind of makes that 5 rounds on the heavy bag not seem so much like work

all i can say is.........it is a great day to be alive....and to all those who suffered in 911 directly and indirectly i hope your lives have began to achieve balance.....and to all those who are involved in terrorism around the world LOOK OUT PAY BACKS COMING AND ITS A BITCH

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

Whoa there, I believe that 9-11 has affected all of us on some level, and obviously affected us as a nation as well as the world. But the thing is to carry on and move forward and not let these terrorist achieve their cowardly goals. Which in my opinion was to crush our very infrastructure of our free society. As President G.W. Bush said, move on with life and don't stop living. Because we do that does not mean that we forget what those cowards did and the millions of lives they've effected. One other thing, your are right..........PAYBACK WILL BE A B'YOCH :kaioken:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• 4 months later...

I have seen and made some changes. For one thing, I give private instruction, and have seen an increase in the amount of people looking to train. I feel that there are more people who are doing this for themselves so they do not feel helpless. Not that they are going to beat up one of the bad guys, but more they feel the need to do something in responce to 911. For myself and family, I dont think I have changed my daily life that much. I had an Instructor years ago who taught us to look at the world with an observing eye, and that stuck. He is now working at the Pentagon, and was there on 911.

As for the media coverage, yes it gets old, but I need that to keep my head in what is going on. I feel it helps me stay mindful that there are people in the armed forces laying there life down for our comfortable way of life. without the media, scewed as it can be, I think many people could simply forget the sacrifices being made for them and their way of life. I have several close friends in law enforcment and armed services, talk to any of them for 5 minutes, and you get a look at what goes on everyday that the average person never gives a 2nd thought to.

okay....let me climb down off my box now....

"The more we change, the more we stay the same"