• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

911 Anniversary is upon us........

Pacificshore

Has anyone made significant changes in their lives since this tragic event? Or after assessing things do you still find yourselves living/training as you once did prior to this tragic event?

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
No big change. I think most Americans are like that. Im sure the ones in the big cities like NY, Chi, Dallas, LA, DC, etc do somethings more differantly but on the whole we do things Sept. 10th 2002 as we did them Sept. 10th 2001. Terrorism can not break the will of the American people.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I read an article the other day where someone said that going on and on and on about 9/11 was starting to make America look weak in the eyes of future terrorists. I think I'm starting to agree. I don't mean to be insensitive to the people more closely involved in the tragedy, but there's a difference between honestly and genuinely covering a story and bleeding a story dry because you know it has guaranteed emotional impact and you don't want people to know you have nothing else to talk about. I think the media crossed that line quite a while ago. Shouldn't the people most hurt by it be given the chance to move on, rather than to relive it every time they turn on the TV?

There are tragedies going on every day in the rest of the world... some that we're a direct cause of. Why don't we direct some of our energy toward those?

Unfortunately it's a lot easier to fix a building than a society.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

.... ok your opinions on the "media coverage" of this tragedy has been noted.

But you failed to answer the questions posted.....

"significant changes in your life since this tragic event? Or after assessing things do you still find yourself living/training as you once did prior to this tragic event?"

(Let's not equate this with whatever else is going on or ever went on in this world ... let's try and keep on the right track here.)

:)

what was meant to make us appear "weak' has done the exact oppisite..we all were unified in that morning..first in disbelief and horror but then in our anger and resolve that we would not be intimidated by such cowards... I personally have changed in that i dont let every little thing bother me now...i dont take things for granted and I show those aroound me that i care more openly... we americans also need to not only remember those who fell a year ago but that we have our military people and from other countries out there..making sacrifices on a daily so that we may continue our lives without constant fear..and also to stay aware..that we are still at war and this time the battle front is not just thousands of miles away ..were we can just read about it or watch it on tv..but right here at home

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

I tend to scrutinize every other passenger when I fly.

When Im in a crowded area I try to stay more aware of those around me.

I try not to let the little things bother me, there are more important things in life to worry about.

I try to spend more quality time with family and friends.

I train harder than before and more often.

I pray I dont have to use it.........

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

nothing has changed for me, just another day..... I agree omnifinite the media has covered 9/11 far to much, at first I was really interested but now I just want it to end, it annoys me :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN