• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese Jiujitsu is eventually a great technique of Martial Art. I would say that this is a great Japanese technique for self defense. This technique manipulating the opposition force towards us. In this time Jiu-jitsu is practice for traditional and modern sport.
Did you ever mention what style and lineage you had studied? What tactics does your school prefer?

No, Actually I am trained under a personal trainer for the technique of Karate. I was just enhancing my knowledge about Japanese jiu-jitsu. So, may be you are getting me wrong but, my intention wasn't anything wrong about Japanese jiu-jitsu technique.

jiu-jitsu moves

I found japanese jujutsu to be a great art.

Awesome for self defense, throws of judo, groundwork that bjj was derived from and strikes of karate and soft techiniques of aikido.

There is alot of technique that relies on physics, momentum, excecuting a devastating throw and landing on the person, forcing joints to dislocate, striking not only to do damage but bring your opponent to proper position for the next technique - a strike to the groin brings them forward breaking their balance forward putting them into perfect position for a hip throw. often its your opponents own weight or momentum dislocating their own joint.

its really great. great for the spirit and battlefield, not the octagon or ring.

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

There is alot of technique that relies on physics, momentum, excecuting a devastating throw and landing on the person, forcing joints to dislocate, striking not only to do damage but bring your opponent to proper position for the next technique - a strike to the groin brings them forward breaking their balance forward putting them into perfect position for a hip throw. often its your opponents own weight or momentum dislocating their own joint.

its really great. great for the spirit and battlefield, not the octagon or ring.

Groin strikes aside, what from the above list would not be beneficial in the octagon or ring?

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

We practice in the same group - Auvo Niiniketo and I in late 70s. Auvo founded a JJJ style called Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu. I think his good at what he goes. I did have a chat with the guys last autumn and they invited me to come an practice with them. I did Aikido - have to think again - maybe I'll change my plans from getting to know Wing Chon to Hokutoryu Ju-Jutsu:-)

Did not find good english link for hokutoryu but here is one short introduction:

http://www.amirmosadegh.com/grand-masters/auvo-niiniketo/

You are right. But demonstrating self defense, the teacher did not want to see you shoot for the legs and end in a triangle.

The goal in the octagon is not to have 1 man leaving the ring. Its a sport, winner and looser. The only thing that should be hurt is pride (if even that). I am not a proficient ground fighter by any means but rolled tons of times and we almost always ended with a hand shake or at least a bow - it should be a friendly contest of skill.

When Japanese Jujutsu is truly used in its correct context, its very different.

Same principles, same science, many of the same moves.

Groin strikes aside, what from the above list would not be beneficial in the octagon or ring?

K.

For self defense I've always thought that it's not much about the discipline than the person using it. It's more about personal skills than technique. Almost all techniques will work -"IF" and that is a big if - you can apply it correctly.

So JJJ is not deadly - it's the person who has the skill to use it?

Boxing is great for self defense or wrestling, too - IF...

Of course XO I cannot deny your logic. I could only speak to my experience.

I had no martial arts experience before jujutsu. It turned me, from someone who didn't know what they were doing at all, into someone who almost act instinctively, he always said " repetition creates reflex " action, and he was right. we did a lot of bag work which wasn't really jujutsu but boxing, I am pretty there were some non traditional techniques in the mix too.

You are right, it's not all about the system.

Hi cheesefrysamurai,

the thread is so inspiring that I'll do Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu at least until August - before Wing Tsun classes start. If JJJ is interesting I might skip WTF for a while.

(I'll do BJJ and my own mixfit - and during summer play golf.)

And not so seriously...

Golf might be one of the best self defense disciplines :-)

- People at the course are friendly

- and you have a selection of clubs, if you are attacked.

• 2 weeks later...