• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sustained Plateau

sensei8

Its true that high ranks can learn from lower ranks. :) :karate:

I agree! Any "master" who cannot learn from his students is not worth learning from-his cup and his head are way too full.

8)

Yeah, I should have said "Master Level" and not just "Master". Sometimes the word master gives people the creeps because of it's unintended perception from the word "master" alone.

Shindokan is simple, therefore, I'm simple, both as man and as practitioner.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd say its kind of like prospecting. Dig up a little bit, examine the heck out of it for the tiniest bit of gold, sift it out, then dig up another shovel full.

There's always the peaks and vallies in martial arts. The vallies are the low points when you seem to feel you're getting nothing accomplished. Nothing new technique wise or so you may think. The peaks are when you just one day have something click and its like oh yeah I get it now. You may be standing on the side watching a movement being taught to another and see something in it you had not realized was there. You'll more often find yourself in a valley than on the peak of the summit in the Dan ranks. I'll go weeks or a month and nothing seems to be clicking for me and all of a sudden there it is or is happens in sparring and your like hey that worked really well. I had one of these just the other night. It was a move I thought about will sparring but the in the situation it was a natural reaction and I knew we're it had come from. Just hang in there and keep chasing the hidden techniques. Trust me they're there.