BlackI

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iraq is a touchy subject. I'm very glad you asked this BlackI.

To answer your question... I am in favor of a regime change. Saddam has proven himself many times since he's been in power that he is unstable. His country is suffering because of it.

The thought of possible loss of life (on both sides) due to military action saddens me. I feel that large scale military action in the middle east at somepoint is now and has been inevitable. Given recent events (9/11) and the way that Saddam has blantantly thumbed his nose at the UN for the past 8-10 years, I'd say diplomacy has been a failure. Why wait for Saddam to develop the capability to damage us or Israel? Saddam should be taken out.

The US will be involved in a large scale military action in the middle east. It's inevitable. Let's go ahead and get it over with. The longer we wait, the crazier it's going to be.

It would be nice if some of you non - American users would post your views on this topic (either for or against). It's great to be able to share ideas and opinions.

I would love to see him gone.

I am not againt an attack however I really dislike the fact every news station keeps talking about it. I do think we need friends. I mean we got the man power to go it alone but it needs to be a UN or NATO move not just an US.

Before anything is done we need an endgame. Who will take over after he is gone and what is the time line.

If CNN, Fox News, ABC, CBS, NBC, and everyone else would shut up we may be done by now. When we land and our boys get killed Im blaming CNN for showing Iraq our plans.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I agree with you G95champ but only if the rest of the world sanction it, if we are to get the blood of thousands of innocent people (both theirs and ours) on our hands. I would prefer it to be a collective decision sanctioned by the UN.

If the US decides to go it alone with puppet nations like Australia, we are no better than other countries that impose they values on others. I believe if this was to occur it would it be the beginning of the American Empire, and we all know what happens to empires.

I love my country, and would die protecting her, but not for oil.

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Where do you get these stats?

500,000 children? Just keep these "stats" out of the discussion or I/we will close the thread.

Thanks.

Why is the whole world against this? I have not seen anything to say yeah let's go over there. I was also against the first gulf war. I thought they should have gotten him the first time. It seems like the Bushs would like to add our 51st state in Middle East.

Check out some of the headlines

https://www.forbes.com

Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi was quoted as saying on Monday that the world had to be convinced by the United States that an attack on Iraq was merited before it could go ahead

http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/print.asp?ArticleID=62596

Scott Ritter, a former UN arms inspector who rejects U.S. charges that Baghdad is developing weapons of mass destruction, said in Iraq yesterday it would be a "historical mistake" for Washington to attack.

In search of the Temple of Light

• 3 weeks later...