• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting Fitted for Custom Mouthguards

blacknebula

I went to the dentist today and had an impression done to make a custom mouth guard. That goo they use is REALLY nasty! The bottom one wasn't too bad, but the top one made me gag. I managed to hold it together but it was not at all pleasant. :( Thankfully I only ever need to do it once as they give me mould afterwards so I can just produce it if I ever need another one made.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I can't stand that wax they use at the dentist! I actually had my custom mouthguard made by Gladiator Guards, and they did a fantastic job--plus, the impression media is basically like modeling clay, so it isn't as nasty to bite into.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

I went to the dentist today and had an impression done to make a custom mouth guard. That goo they use is REALLY nasty! The bottom one wasn't too bad, but the top one made me gag. I managed to hold it together but it was not at all pleasant. :( Thankfully I only ever need to do it once as they give me mould afterwards so I can just produce it if I ever need another one made.

Nasty isn't the word for it. I had one done a couple years ago something I'd say I don't want to do again if possible but it has been well worth it.

I've been pepper sprayed. It can't be that bad.
Laughed a little to hard in a public place at that one. That comment is awesome.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Laughed a little to hard in a public place at that one. That comment is awesome.
:lol: Hehehe....thanks. Unfortunately, its too true. That really, really sucked. The worse part of it was cleaning it off afterwards. Its like lighting your face on fire, and then standing into the wind to try to put it out. Never again.

:lol: Hehehe....thanks. Unfortunately, its too true. That really, really sucked. The worse part of it was cleaning it off afterwards. Its like lighting your face on fire, and then standing into the wind to try to put it out. Never again.

LOL!! Man, I've been caught in a cloud of pepper spray years back and it was nasty stuff. I'd rather not catch a face full of it on purpose. I take it was part of training certification?

Though man, I have to say the dental molding stuff, puts you in mind of a mouth full of cat's butt.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

LOL!! Man, I've been caught in a cloud of pepper spray years back and it was nasty stuff. I'd rather not catch a face full of it on purpose. I take it was part of training certification?

Yeah, that's what it was. I still refuse to take the TASER rid, too.

Though man, I have to say the dental molding stuff, puts you in mind of a mouth full of cat's butt.

:lol: :lol: Now that's funny stuff, too!