• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

new guy!

silverback

hello all! I'm an old guy (41) that's re-starting his karate journey! We'll see how these knees do. I've been away from Shotokan for almost 5 years now, and missed it too much. I started karate with my daughter intially, and her and I both reached 8th kyu (yellow), but she grew bored, and we stopped going. This time around it'll be just me, so wish me luck!

I've trained in aikido for a year or so, off and on, and about 2 years in bjj sporadically, but karate was always in the back of my mind. The dojo I'll be re-joining has a lot of kids/teens, and I think that's kept me away for awhile. I'm going to try to soak up as much traiing as I can, and not worry about kids! Oss!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the Forum.

Looking forward to reading your posts & threads, especially on your Aikido experience

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Osu, I've just had my 40'th birthday, I had an 8 year break from MA until last year. I'm enjoying the Kata more and more, learning the basics all over again.

Look to the far mountain and see all.