• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As of late, my training is like having a quite conversation.

:(

Mine, too, Bob. But, the holidays do cause that. Next week, I should be back into it.

I have my classes then training is personal which fits around 2 year old son, 17 year old daughter Wife who works predominantly nights etc.

I used to train 6 days a week

I have the same concerns as you. 3 kids, wife, 2 dogs, and a job with a rotating schedule make it tough to get to class at times. That's why KF is so great; its my supplemental mind training. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My usual schedule is:

TKD 3 days a week

Ju Jitsu 2 days a week

Kali 1 day a week

Run or Bike 6 days a week

I have been off training for 6 weeks due to having surgery on my foot but will be back at it full tilt on December 1st!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Mine, too, Bob. But, the holidays do cause that. Next week, I should be back into it.

My training, especially as of late, is like having a quiet conversation because Dai-Soke is no longer with us, especially on the floor.

I feel his unexpected death has left me as an uncompleted puzzle; one that'll never be finished by his hands.

I miss him so very much!!

:cry:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My training, especially as of late, is like having a quiet conversation because Dai-Soke is no longer with us, especially on the floor.

I feel his unexpected death has left me as an uncompleted puzzle; one that'll never be finished by his hands.

I understand how you feel, Bob. Just remember that when its really quiet, you just have to listen more closely.

I understand how you feel, Bob. Just remember that when its really quiet, you just have to listen more closely.

YES!!

I needed that Brian...more than you might ever know...THANK YOU!!

:)

• 5 months later...

training with a mixed style is a lot cheaper and less time consuming than doing cross training at different places, haha. My style mixes Goju shorei, american kenpo, shotokan, tae kwon do, okinawan shorin Ryu, Judo/jujitsu/aikido, and escrima/arnis.

"I am the hope of the universe! I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace,I am protector of the innocent, I am the light in the darkness, I am truth... Ally to good! nightmare to you!"

training with a mixed style is a lot cheaper and less time consuming than doing cross training at different places, haha. My style mixes Goju shorei, american kenpo, shotokan, tae kwon do, okinawan shorin Ryu, Judo/jujitsu/aikido, and escrima/arnis.

Are these all taught as seperate classes or just as one class that does pieces of all of them?

Also, "Judo/jujitsu/aikido" should be written as Judo, Jujitsu, aikido as they are all separate arts just like goju, kenpo, and shotokan are seperate arts. As a grappling expert, I find it a bit insulting when people lump all grappling based systems together. It would be like if I lumped Shotokan/TKD/Western Boxing. They're not the same. Just an FYI really. I know you didn't mean any harm by it. :)

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 10 months later...
I like to cross train aikido, and bjj. The throws from aikido compliment my ground game really well, and I have found quite a few ways to make the takedowns work for me.

First of all, Welcome to KF!!

They both help you, imho, to avoid said takedowns as well because of the intimate knowledge from both styles of the MA!!

:)