• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Green Belt Testing

Congrats on the promotion. Sounds like you found a good school to train at with all that variety of styles. If I were you I'd pick up a grappling style to complement my stand up. Since its offered there were you are already training.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In this school they will train for three months in Karate and then three months in Jiu-Jitsu then three months in Karate. There are three schools so if you want to stay in Karate and not do the Jiu-Jitsu then you can switch schools and not take the Jiu-Jitsu. There are also classes in Judo and Tai Chi. It's really cool because you can go to as many classes as you want. I only go twice a week and just stay in the three month cycle.

In this school they will train for three months in Karate and then three months in Jiu-Jitsu then three months in Karate. There are three schools so if you want to stay in Karate and not do the Jiu-Jitsu then you can switch schools and not take the Jiu-Jitsu. There are also classes in Judo and Tai Chi. It's really cool because you can go to as many classes as you want. I only go twice a week and just stay in the three month cycle.

Sounds similar to Bruce Tegner's JuKaDo system.

These rolling syllabus things make me nervous as to where clarity will be there as if one's doing karate for 3 then no karate training how can one progress as most of wht was learn has been forgotten whilst concentrating on the other sytem.

I've not heard of this happening anywhere else in the world.

very nervous about quality

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

I'd be nervous about it to, but I also think it would be worth checking out, just to see how it works. Who knows, maybe one could glean some new scheduling ideas from it.

You don't have to change from Karate to Jiu-Jitsu. You can stick to either. You may have to change the night or the place where you take it. I like the change. Also when you are in Karate or Jiu-Jitsu you will still do refreshing on both. It is a good mix.