• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Naming your weapons

MasterPain

Anyone else do this? A friend of mine mentioned she wanted to name her bow. Knowing she was a Hunger Games fan, I suggested Katniss, which she really liked. I have a machete named Orcrist, a pistol named Chi and an EDC pocket knife named Garth.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't think I do; however, a while back my daughter was "helping" clean my guns after a shoot and named my duty Government Model "Worker" and my rifle "Water". I have not idea why.

That said, they've kinda stuck.

I name my weapons, always have. There was never a reason, just a sentimental thing. In the long run I respect the weapon more. As humans we grow attached to things we name and therefore attempt to take more care of them. Consequently this is a big reason we name our pets.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 3 months later...

I only possess some knives and a machete and haven't named any of them ...

Although my favorite ones I just call (translated to English) something like my honey or so :P

That form of naming also applies to other stuff I like. Like my computer my motorcycle my car "my" rifle (the one I get from our rifle association to use. But I've had the same for the past 3 years ;)

Cheers

T3chnopsycho

1st Dan:

It's not the top but just the point where you start to understand the true size of what you're doing.

I always think of the Croc Dundee films where the comedy character calls his bowie knife "Old Bessie" I think it's quite funny. Seriously though, the Samurai named their Katana, it was an alter ego for their soul. I remember the name of "Singing Death" given to a Dai Katana in one story. Interesting thread, thanks guys.

Look to the far mountain and see all.