• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Everyone dry?

Truestar

It has been awhile since I've visited here. Just wondering how people are in respect to where they live and Hurricane Sandy, and if you were impacted by it in some way.

Our area just received bad flooding only last year, so many people were nervous when Sandy got close. Every single school closed down Sunday night, and the county I work in was put in a state of emergency hours before the rain even hit. I went to work at midnight for my double shift, and got home around 1600 Monday. A long day, but no flooding or wind damage. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It got cold here in northern Indiana, the wind blew, and it rained. That was about the extent of it.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

Sandy is getting here tonight from what I've heard. We'll see. She lost a lot of power though so I doubt we'll have any issues.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

The rain started Sunday, so my last day of my "summer job" was spent running around madly in the rain carrying anything loose half way across the park to put it away before the wind hit. Then it was just lots of rain, wind and thunder and lightning Mon-last night. Didn't have school Monday, Tuesday, or today and they're still not sure about tomorrow since three of the schools still don't have power. We never lost power at my house, though, so it's just been an extended break, which is good since I haven't had a day off in a month teaching during the week and at my summer job on the weekends.... Not looking forward to having to make all these days up in June, though.

Hey Ryan,

Nice to hear from you. Glad you are alright.

We had Sandy for a few days. It basically curved right around us and, due to that, it was like a 3 day thing. We were never in the center, but we were in that outer 35-50 MPH hour and, given all of the trees around, that is always a bit scary. But, in the end, we had no damage.

Hope everyone else is alright.

Patrick