• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Muy Thai Vs Street Fighting

El Guerrero Loco:

it's not ridiculous, in a street fight situation, nothing is written, anything can happen.

Theorically the Muay Thai fighter should beat the street fighter, but what if the street fighter can strike if he has an opportunity the Muay Thai fighter's nose and break it, and KO him?

I've seen many people that practice MA that have been defeated by somebody that don't practice anything.

As i said before, all depends in the situation, and how good are the fighters

Valencia - Venezuela.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Kyu - TATTOOS

Hey, hey, hey. Nothing wrong with tattoos.

Generally speaking, a martial artist who doesn't allow themselves to become too overconfident and keeps their head on straight during a fight should be able to win against a street fighter. However, you don't know what a person can do, what a person can take (in terms of punishment) and who they have backing them up. There are no guarantees here.

Saying that the streetfighter has little to no fighting experience, no weapons, and no buddies to back him up, I'd say the thai boxer would win.

I don't think all streetfighters carry weapons, um at least I hope not! I don't think the streetfighter always has the advatage of surprise on his side either so he won't always be prepared with a knife right. Unless it was like a surprise attack such a rape or something.. but if it was a rape well they wouldn't try to rape anyone fighting back according to an article I read in Jubeis.. :) Maybe I should post it here.

I need to ask if some of youse have actually had to fight a street fighter?? i'm not talking about your typical drunk out for a fight, i mean a STREET FIGHTER someone that is known for it.Saying that because you do MA's you'll win is just a little narrow minded and inexperienced with actually dealing with street fighters.

One more question, how many of you have proven your art to yourself? I dont mean by going out and picking fights, i mean having to use it when you have been attacked or stopping someone else being attacked? its a whole new ball game from training and sparring.

pain is temporary, pride is forever!

One more question, how many of you have proven your art to yourself? I dont mean by going out and picking fights, i mean having to use it when you have been attacked or stopping someone else being attacked? its a whole new ball game from training and sparring.

I've had to use it a few times. In each instance it was very quick and my art came through, but they were all non-weapon confrontations where the other guy really wasn't out to get me. Just a few drunks that wanted to pick a fight, oh, and one guy I tried to help out, but he turned and started attacking me.

• 4 months later...

I have been in serval fights. I find that usually my Art (twd) comes through after making pratical adjustments. Most of my fights I won just because most people don't expect you to do massive jump kicks or hit them with presicion kicks.

But I find that trying to fight 40+ people while trying to back your buddies up at school lands you in hospital for awhile (at least Morphine is kewl!) :lol:

2nd Degree Black Belt in TWD