Muy Thai Vs Street Fighting

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have practised muay thai for a few months and im sure i could use it agains a street fighter, im used at useing hands, feet , elbows and knees, and we sparre alot, full contact , why should any street fighter stand a better chance than me in a fight when I practise hardcore full contact fighting two times a week ..

Aahhh, the mythical "street fighter". Trained at the best street-fighter-ryu dojo this side of Konami...

Wouldn't another word for "street fighter" be "untrained, drunken lout"? Who else fights in public on a regular basis?

KarateForums.com - Sempai

lol Taikudo.

I would love to see this "street fighter Ryu" dojo.

Like the grading syllabus.

5th Kyu - Drink 5 pints

4th Kyu - Shout Alot

3rd Kyu - Lose all your teeth

2nd Kyu - TATTOOS

1st Kyu - pass out in street.

Will post rest when I can think about the Dan grades.

Take Care

Ha Ha HA :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Very good Kensai........hat comes off

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

, why should any street fighter stand a better chance than me in a fight when I practise hardcore full contact fighting two times a week ..

jinx dont let yourself fall into the trap of being over confident yeah its great that you spar full contact twice a week but a steeet fighter doesnt wear gloves,gum shield, groin gaurd etc and more importantly he has no rules.Remember your fighting in his ring and to his rules now!!

pain is temporary, pride is forever!

i think anybody can't say "yes" or "no" to this question.

it all depends about the situation, and many factors.

We have to remember, that in a street fight anything goes, since strikes can go everywhere, to a person have a weapon (a gun, knife, etc)

it also depends for example, if the street fighter has any knowledge about MA, or how good they are (the street fighter and the muay thai fighter).

Supposing, the following scenario, both have the same conditions, no weapons, same weight, etc, and the street fighting doesn't know anything about MA, i'd incline to the Muay Thai.

Muay Thai is a very effective style for street fighting, in fact, it's one of my favorites stand up styles.. it's very devastating, they show yo how to combine your hands, with elbows strikes, knees, etc, and this is very dangerous for the other person..

Valencia - Venezuela.

Don't be ridiculous, one on one, no weapons the Thai Boxer would beat the shit out of the so-called street fighter and time anywhere. Dang ppl, i dun believe u'd even ask this. Can someone who plays soccer once in a while by himself, be better than a pro who nto only practices all the time but knows far superior ways of handling the ball? Gimme a friggin break.

"Live free.

Die well..."