Music Of Martial Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I listen to music is when I'm doing bag work. Then I just blast my usual upbeat workout playlist, which is an eclectic mix of pop/rock/country/alternative/classical/celtic. And yes, Eye of the Tiger is in there. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late on this thread, but I have a playlist I wanted to share. I listen to it when I am hitting the bag and/or jogging. Here it is in no particular order:

Prepare Yourself (Johnny Cage Theme)- The Immortals

Eternal Life (Rayden Theme)- The Immortals

Mortal Kombat Theme- The Immortals

Mortal Kombat Annihilation Theme- The Immortals

The Next Door (Street Fighter IV Theme)- Exile

Fight to Survive (Bloodsport Theme)- Stan Bush

Streets of Siam (From Kickboxer)- Stan Bush

Push it to the Limit- Paul Engemann

Sun Doesn't Rise- Mushroomhead

Dragula- Rob Zombie

99 Problems (Remix)- Jay-z/Linkin Park

Second to None- Styles of Beyond/Mike Shinoda

Fists of Rage- Kid Rock

Knock a Hater Out- Savage

Bombshell- Powerman 5000

Headstrong- Trapt

Wave 'em Off- Will Smith

Someday- Flipsyde

Stronger- Kanye West/Daft Punk

Passion- Blackalicious/Dialated Peoples

False Pretense- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Under the Knife- Rise Against the Machine

Remember the Name- Fort Minor

Yes, they are nearly all from a movie or video game, but without those movies and games, I probably wouldn't be a martial artist.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"It's not about who's right, but who's left" -Ed Parker

• 4 months later...

I don't usually have music on when i practice. If I did it would be my upbeat techno and electronica music. Maybe some power rock if I'm in that kind of mood.

Sometimes I do forms really slowly and with focus. I like to put on some really mellow, ambient stuff songs by desert dwellers, buddha e. sun, or scared earth. Those also make great background tracks for meditation time if you are into that sort of thing.

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

Martial Art is incredibly enforcement training and you must need focusing while practising and absolutely amazing concentration also must. So, listening loud music can be silly thing and it also brake your focus during Martial Art practice. So, listening theme based music is quite good enough.

jiu-jitsu moves

Martial Art is incredibly enforcement training and you must need focusing while practising and absolutely amazing concentration also must. So, listening loud music can be silly thing and it also brake your focus during Martial Art practice. So, listening theme based music is quite good enough.
I am not completely sure what you are saying here, and I do not want to misunderstand you. I am not sure what you mean by "enforcement training", since that sounds like training for police. Also, I do not know what you mean when you say that theme based music is good, but that all loud music will break focus. What kind of music do you mean by "theme music" that will not break focus? Do you mean movie themes, or something else?

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia