• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Brighton World Cup

There's an ITF TKD open World Cup in Brighton starting tomorrow until Sunday. In case anyone is interested they'll be live streaming the event here: http://www.itfworldcup2012.com/live-streaming

Should be really good to watch considering the best of the best fighters from all orgs will be there. They're doing patterns, sparring, breaking, pre-arranged technical sparring demos and special technique. Worth watching if you want to see some of the other side of TKD (non-Olympic TKD).

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've been watching a bit of the sparring, and have been rather enjoying it. The gear used is basically what we used in my ATA days, although that has changed now. That's how I'd prefer to spar. The only bad thing about the head shots is you get some of those slug fest flurries going on, and it takes away from some of the kicking.

I've been watching a bit of the sparring, and have been rather enjoying it. The gear used is basically what we used in my ATA days, although that has changed now. That's how I'd prefer to spar. The only bad thing about the head shots is you get some of those slug fest flurries going on, and it takes away from some of the kicking.

I'm hoping to go down tomorrow to go see some of it, not had much of a chance to watch this week. Funny enough, about the slug fest, that's exactly what my instructor said last night :) It's slightly different group to the one I'm part of and in ours we get penalised for continuously slugging away with the hands. The tactics seem to be to use one or two legs to go in and then use the hands.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius